Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    anything new to report on this front?
    I’ll see if I can pull together a teaser after work.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
    WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
      We don't want Ghost Wolves having all the werewolf-devouring fun, do we? Here's an excerpt from one of the new Bale Hounds Maeljin:
      Do the Maeljin spawn Royal Avatars/Ochema like the Exarchs and Firstborn do?

Comment

I’ll see if I can pull together a teaser after work.
        Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
          Do the Maeljin spawn Royal Avatars/Ochema like the Exarchs and Firstborn do?
          We haven’t addressed that at this stage. It’s possible - if we free up some word count - that we might be able to mention our thoughts on it.

WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• I saw this question regarding the Promethean Night Horrors and while I initially dismissed it, I figure why not.

What's the most powerful antagonist in the book? I'm imagining it's one of the idigam, given that they tend to be dreadful enough to threaten the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
              I saw this question regarding the Promethean Night Horrors and while I initially dismissed it, I figure why not.

What's the most powerful antagonist in the book? I'm imagining it's one of the idigam, given that they tend to be dreadful enough to threaten the world.
              Probably, but I have my fingers crossed for a Werewolf Bodhisattva.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                Probably, but I have my fingers crossed for a Werewolf Bodhisattva.
                Some high end antagonists among the Pure and hosts and spirits or spirit-ridden would be cool.

Comment

• I agree with that, it's always stuff like idigram being the big bosses

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                    Tough question. It depends on how you define most powerful.

Comment

• Right. Geryo. Here are two excerpts:

When these monsters deign to talk to lesser creatures they call themselves Geryo or the First. They remember another name from a time before time that they despise.
                      The Geryo are united in their monstrosity. None appear fully human and any semblance of humanity only serves to emphasize how inhuman the creature really is. Unlike the Uratha, the Geryo are not shapeshifters by default. Some possess multiple forms, but these are never for infiltration or simple pursuit. If a Geryo can change shape its forms are for causing as much destruction to the prey and anyone who would shelter her as possible. The REDACTED were not built to be creatures of subtlety; they served as Father Wolf’s enforcers. When Pangaeans and their scions transgressed Father Wolf’s laws, the great predator sent forth the REDACTED to hunt and kill the guilty in a way that served as an example to others. Collateral damage was no consideration, only killing the prey mattered. The REDACTED were abandoned in part because Urfarah eventually realized how much their actions tore at the fabric of reality.

Comment

Right. Geryo. Here are two excerpts:

Wait, so Geryo are proto-Uratha!? Spawn of Father Wolf not born of Luna!?

Freaking awesome! Very interesting foil to Forsaken; these are hunters who do not, and cannot, respect their prey or care for other things. They're what people actually thinking of when thinking of werewolf horror; primal, instinctive beasts who have no morality, no restraint-nothing but love of the hunt, slaughter, and their own power. Iron Masters hunt humans because they love humans, and treat them as equals. Bone Shadows hunt spirits because they love knowledge, and spirits have great knowledge. Geryo hunt everything, because it is there.

[Beast fan]Off to the side, a pair of Begotten, one giant and one winged, see the resemblance, and shiver.[/Beast fan]

Also, a question:

Do Geryo have their own unique rules beyond being Werewolf-themed corebook Horrors (you know, build-a-monster monsters)? If so, how?

Comment

• Now I wonder if the Geryo's original name is [REDACTED], or that it is actually REDACTED :P (I'm kidding.. I think)

Anyway, the fact that the name is still a mystery makes me think that once it would be revealed I would be in great awe- either we know the name but don't yet know what it means, or that it is just crazy enough that once we'll know it it would shake our world view of the CofD universe. I assume it would be either something from Beast's mythology or Forsaken- but at any case, you've put the expectations quit high. I'm sure it will reach it, but still- you have my interest.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Right. Geryo. Here are two excerpts:

Thank you Bunyip

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                              Now I wonder if the Geryo's original name is [REDACTED],y or that it is actually REDACTED :P (I'm kidding.. I think)

Anyway, the fact that the name is still a mystery makes me think that once it would be revealed I would be in great awe- either we know the name but don't yet know what it means, or that it is just crazy enough that once we'll know it it would shake our world view of the CofD universe. I assume it would be either something from Beast's mythology or Forsaken- but at any case, you've put the expectations quit high. I'm sure it will reach it, but still- you have my interest.
                              Ok,so theory time. The Geryo are nothing less than the spawn of the Mother Wolf and the Dark Mother. They were not only the first werewolves,they were the first Begotten! And they disappointed both Mothers so much, both of them created new Children and locked the Geryo away.
                              now they're back to get wreck

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                                Ok,so theory time. The Geryo are nothing less than the spawn of the Mother Wolf and the Dark Mother. They were not only the first werewolves,they were the first Begotten! And they disappointed both Mothers so much, both of them created new Children and locked the Geryo away.
                                now they're back to get wreck
                                The Dark Mother seems more human and mind-oriented, she's interested in teach humans fear, she hangs around in the astral. These guys don't.

Beast already has something that is fully destructive and not interested in teaching lessons. The Insatiables. Who have their own father figure called the Primogenitor that 'may no longer exist.'

They also don't seem quite like werewolves.
                                Last edited by nofather; 09-13-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X