Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    these are hunters who do not, and cannot, respect their prey or care for other things. They're what people actually thinking of when thinking of werewolf horror; primal, instinctive beasts who have no morality, no restraint-nothing but love of the hunt, slaughter, and their own power.
    Thinking about those points - Insatiables from Beast:The Primordial comes to mind as Geryo. Just see those things:
    • Primal, instinct-driven monsters - Check
    • 'First' children... - Check
    • of Progenitor/First Father - analogy with Urfarah is obvious - Check
    • When adding that Insanitables Horrors comes from Anima Mundi - that they share with 'werewolves dream-soul'...
    I can easily see Geryo as Insanitales-realted - or even Insanitables themselves!

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• On the other hand this from Bunyip :
      ' The REDACTED were not built to be creatures of subtlety; they served as Father Wolf’s enforcers. When Pangaeans and their scions transgressed Father Wolf’s laws, the great predator sent forth the REDACTED to hunt and kill the guilty in a way that served as an example to others. Collateral damage was no consideration, only killing the prey mattered. The REDACTED were abandoned in part because Urfarah eventually realized how much their actions tore at the fabric of reality.'

Sounds as PERFECT Totem for Predator Kings pack! Think about it - whatever Geryo really are - they are Urfarah's first hunters-children. And monstrous in the way Kings embody it.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• They don't seem to be spirits. While other things seem to be able to be totems, it doesn't seem like it's easy as saying they're a totem.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          Sounds as PERFECT Totem for Predator Kings pack!
          They really aren’t.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
          WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

They really aren’t.
            Hmmm,this question may seem random, but are geryo lupine like their successors, or can they take forms that don't look like what most people think when they picture a werwulf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
              Right. Geryo. Here are two excerpts:

What exactly was the damage to reality they inflicted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                What exactly was the damage to reality they inflicted?
                Pangaeans are foundational elements of the world, pillars of life and death, yo. Notice the death of Father Wolf ripped an entire aspect of reality from it and left a gaping hole that people call the Gauntlet.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Pangaeans are foundational elements of the world, pillars of life and death, yo.
                  Oooh,I didn't make the connection.

Comment

They don't seem to be spirits. While other things seem to be able to be totems, it doesn't seem like it's easy as saying they're a totem.
                    We have canonical Lodge with Totem being Begotten Beast. I will not argue with dev that Geyro are good Totem for Predator Kings - but clearly we can have non-spirit Totems of Packs and Lodges in CoD canon.

Originally posted by Beast Player's Guide, p. 135
                    The Lodge of the Red Owl is dedicated to reverence and mastery of the hunt. The Final Peace serves as the de facto totem of an Iron Master pack, and teaches her human followers how to hunt with a werewolf’s savage efficiency and cunning. Her flock’s greatest calling is to pass these methods on to fellow hunters, even if that means making them prey first.
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-14-2018, 02:08 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

We have canonical Lodge with Totem being Begotten Beast. I will not argue with dev that Geyro are good Totem for Predator Kings - but clearly we can have non-spirit Totems of Packs and Lodges in CoD canon.

Beast Player's Guide writes:
                      'The Lodge of the Red Owl is dedicated to reverence and mastery of the hunt. The Final Peace serves as the de facto totem of an Iron Master pack, and teaches her human followers how to hunt with a werewolf’s savage efficiency and cunning. Her flock’s greatest calling is to pass these methods on to fellow hunters, even if that means making them prey first.'
                      That has no bearing on the fact that the Geryo do not seem like totemic entities. In fact, the post you are responding to acknowledges that things other than spirits have served as a totems for packs and lodges.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

We have canonical Lodge with Totem being Begotten Beast.
                        "De facto totem" is not the same thing as "actual spiritual glue for a werewolf pack."

I will not argue with dev that Geyro are good Totem for Predator Kings - but clearly we can have non-spirit Totems of Packs and Lodges in CoD canon.
                        Yes. He just acknowledged that. That doesn't have any bearing on "making something that isn't a spirit your totem is probably not as simple as saying it's your totem," a thing which has been acknowledged.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Also: I mean, we were all there when we found in the core book that there was a Ghost Wolf Lodge with an Angel running it, I don't think anyone has contested the idea of a non-spirit totem since then, so pretty much any reading of a comment that goes towards that interpretation is...

Well, anyways, point is that it was pretty clear that no one was saying that non-spirits can't be totems, merely that Geryo do not seem like they are spirits or inclined to be totems.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

• Yes, thank you.

And as ArcaneArts points out, based on what we've been told about the Geryo they do not seem like they would be accommodating to werewolves just because they're Pure. They seem very anti-werewolf.

Comment

Yes, thank you.

And as ArcaneArts points out, based on what we've been told about the Geryo they do not seem like they would be accommodating to werewolves just because they're Pure. They seem very anti-werewolf.
                              One wonders how much the Pure like a set of entities that actively damage reality, considering they have vested interests in it.

Comment

Pangaeans are foundational elements of the world, pillars of life and death, yo. Notice the death of Father Wolf ripped an entire aspect of reality from it and left a gaping hole that people call the Gauntlet.
                                That, and they break a lot of shit.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
                                WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

Working...
                                X