No announcement yet.

Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I still find Bale Hounds pretty damn scary.

Matthew Dawkins
    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

For those who don't read the Contagion Chronicle thread: Geryo is a new type of antagonist connected to the Contagion. That they're first introduced in this book implies they're usable without the crossover focus that the Contagion Chronicle will have.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        For those who don't read the Contagion Chronicle thread: Geryo is a new type of antagonist connected to the Contagion. That they're first introduced in this book implies they're usable without the crossover focus that the Contagion Chronicle will have.
        I tend to avoid that kind of threads, just check them here and there, so this information is indeed helpful. Thanks!

In the light of that, disregard my previous post. I had no idea what I was talking about.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Strange, searching the forum doesn’t turn up anything... could you point me towards where?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
            Strange, searching the forum doesn’t turn up anything... could you point me towards where?
            I think you didn't find it because they weren't named until Matthew posted about them here.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I think you didn't find it because they weren't named until Matthew posted about them here.
              Ah, thanks.

EDIT: To avoid doublepost; anybody know what Geryo could possibly mean? All I get from searching is Geryon, the multi-headed giant of Greek mythos, slain by Hercules.

And it may be just me, but collecting snippets of impressions from what 2E writers mentioned about Bale Hounds seems to imply that they’re being ramped up in their horror potential, not necessarily as committers of human sins, but something more alien. Really looking forward to them.
              Last edited by 21C Hermit; 05-05-2018, 08:47 AM.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Yep, this is the first time they've been named.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                  But for now I'll give you a list of the types of antagonist this book contains:

The Pure
                  Bale Hounds
                  (...)
                  Hosts
                  I really hope that Shunned by Moon will have real rules support for those groups - as right now WtF 2E gameline do not have anything really distinctive on powers side of Pure and Bale Hounds from other wolves - and Hosts are literally only two ready monsters write-ups in 2E corebook. As I run the game with literally those 3 antagonists on main stage, I missed so much 2E version of stuff from 1E Antagonists or Blasphemies to run games.

There where even some fans updates tries on this very forum - from Hosts and Bale Hounds. Hosts are especially pain in the... tail... as they need some mechanics support, at all.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                  Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                  Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                  Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                  My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

I really hope that Shunned by Moon will have real rules support for those groups - as right now WtF 2E gameline do not have anything really distinctive on powers side of Pure and Bale Hounds from other wolves - and Hosts are literally only two ready monsters write-ups in 2E corebook. As I run the game with literally those 3 antagonists on main stage, I missed so much 2E version of stuff from 1E Antagonists or Blasphemies to run games.

There where even some fans updates tries on this very forum - from Hosts and http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/1080772-2e-fan-bale-hounds-update"]Bale Hounds[/URL]. Hosts are especially pain in the... tail... as they need some mechanics support, at all.
                    We provide all three with mechanical support.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Ah, thanks.

EDIT: To avoid doublepost; anybody know what Geryo could possibly mean? All I get from searching is Geryon, the multi-headed giant of Greek mythos, slain by Hercules.

And it may be just me, but collecting snippets of impressions from what 2E writers mentioned about Bale Hounds seems to imply that they’re being ramped up in their horror potential, not necessarily as committers of human sins, but something more alien. Really looking forward to them.
                      Well my first thought was when I read Geryo on the list was that Greek Food had become an official enemy of werewolves, but then I realized that was Gyros I was thinking of, so once I got over my disappointment that Shunned by the Moon wouldn't have Tzatziki based Gifts, it also occurred to me what wasn't on the list, Ghost Wolves and it occurred to me that Geyro might be the collective name for Ghost Wolve Tribes and Lodges, as opposed to indivudual Ghost Wolves who simply haven't joined a side.

A monster with multiple heads would make a wonderful metaphor for such as uncentralized collective group as Ghost Wolf organizations.
                      Last edited by Omegaphallic; 05-05-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I hope Bale Hounds will be playable, Bale Hounds are fun.

Comment

Wow this is good news.

Comment

Are Geryo some sort of Human group? Otherwise, Iron Masters end up as the only Tribe without their prey represented.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Even if they aren't, there could be things like spirit cultists for Red Wolf.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Maybe they're humans who didn't jibe with the wolf-hunter part of the werewolf soul and just got mad shifting powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X