X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Not sure when it's coming, but as per GenCon, we are getting a Night Horrors book on Ghost Wolves, The Pure, and Bale Wolves.

Discuss.

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    The text I posted up onto the facebook group is:
    I love this, it really establishes that there is no one there to control if an Uratha just wants to become a God King among humans. Essentially showcasing that the world of WtF is wider than the Forsaken/Pure/Balewolf distinction (something that is easy to forget) and an enterprising Uratha CAN just freaking go off and DO that.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    The text I posted up onto the facebook group is:

One of the new antagonists from Shunned are Ghost Wolf Tyrants, the end result of a Ghost Wolf establishing herself as totem over a pack of humans. Transgressing against her own nature in this way forges a vicious, abusive cycle but it also gives power. Like a spirit totem, the Ghost Wolf can draw on her pack (called a fief) for Essence and empowerment, exploiting the broken nature of her vassals for her own ends.

For those with the Sundered World, you'll notice tie-ins with the Shepherds and Tyrants of that era

In terms of game design, Tyrants provide a low-end werewolf threat with some nasty complications and suggestions for working them up into a larger-scale antagonist if desired. Tyrants help round out some of the classic werewolf myths and connections with cults and witchcraft, and demonstrate a deeply unhealthy form of relationship between Uratha and humanity as a warning of just how badly things can go wrong.

They also provide a very nasty shock when they start just dumping off all the horrible things a pack tries to drop on them onto their human cultists instead.

Leave a comment:

• blodmåne
    replied
    Any chance we get a screenshot or whatever to those of us who do not have Facebook accounts?

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Yeah! It is a really cool angle that would be easy to drop into the other gamelines to create a "different yet classic" Werewolf antagonist.
    Oh, absolutely. Tyrants work *very well* as lone Uratha antagonists for other game lines, with little cults or gangs gathered around them. You get the challenge of dealing with a werewolf's regeneration and capabilities, buttressed by the power they draw from their fief and the potential human cost or consequences involved, without having to go toe-to-toe with a whole pack of horrible Gauru-form monstrosities.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post

That is fascinating and wonderful. I had never imagined Ghost Wolves going in that direction, but it follows a certain dark logic behind which I can totally get for the purposes of good drama.
    Yeah! It is a really cool angle that would be easy to drop into the other gamelines to create a "different yet classic" Werewolf antagonist.

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    FYI, a spoiler about Ghost Wolves dropped this morning in the Werewolf Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/werewolftheforsaken/
    That is fascinating and wonderful. I had never imagined Ghost Wolves going in that direction, but it follows a certain dark logic behind which I can totally get for the purposes of good drama.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    FYI, a spoiler about Ghost Wolves dropped this morning in the Werewolf Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/werewolftheforsaken/

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post
    I have great expectations for them.

Also, I usually don't get PDFs and wait for Print On Demand, but not for this book. This, I'll get on day 1.
    I’ll definitely buy both

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
    I’m so excited to see toad Hosts are on the way. I adore toads, and can’t wait to see what was done with them!
    I have great expectations for them.

Also, I usually don't get PDFs and wait for Print On Demand, but not for this book. This, I'll get on day 1.
    Last edited by Cinder; 02-09-2019, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

They’re highly reliant on their hosts, crave direction, and tend to suck the life out of locations if they linger too long.

They’re also quite disgusting but are easy enough to summon.
    crave direction and can be summoned. can they be used to werewolf benefits

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    I’m so excited to see toad Hosts are on the way. I adore toads, and can’t wait to see what was done with them!

Leave a comment:

• Helur
    replied
    Working on Pure and Bale Hounds templates.
    Your pc will have nightmares.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by Korogra View Post
    What could you tell us about all of them that doesn’t reveal all the secrets?
    They’re highly reliant on their hosts, crave direction, and tend to suck the life out of locations if they linger too long.

They’re also quite disgusting but are easy enough to summon.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

The Termite hosts are my favourite because they’re weird. And not at all like you’re thinking. No royalties for you! 😉

(If you want the door open, OPP’s submission guidelines are linked on the front page of the website. Send something in!)
    We’ll see, don’t breathe a sigh of relief just yet!

What could you tell us about all of them that doesn’t reveal all the secrets?

(( I’ll be sure to submit something... when I have a working computer))

Leave a comment:

Working...
X