Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2E] How much spirits know about Material World?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] How much spirits know about Material World?

I want to ask how much about changes in Material World particular spirit can know? How far their knowledge can stretch? I have idea for my Viking game to go from Sweden to Byzantine Empire after the trailer of Dragon Idigam looking now as 'European Dragon' ( wings, fire breathing, etc.) As game takes place in circa year 800, almost 40 years before first recorded Viking - Byzantium interactions - my PCs Norse Pack need to go to South East for this lore. I thought that spirits can know things humans in particular times do not know.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-04-2017, 01:10 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

For normal spirits? As much as it relates to their influences. In the case of Idigam, it's trickier because they're by definition out of this world alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
      For normal spirits? As much as it relates to their influences. In the case of Idigam, it's trickier because they're by definition out of this world alien.
      But how Normal Spirits know this things? Like by Knowledge Influance:

Knowledge 1: Only the most direct changes, in vision range he see's.
      Knowledge 2: Spirit know how things look like on the terrain of Princedom or Jarl terrains.
      Knowledge 3: Spirit understand how things look like in the country.
      Knowledge 4: Spirit understand things in the continent.
      Knowledge 5: Spirit understand things in whole world.

Something like this?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

And about chronicle idea I got about going after Idigam Dragon - 'East... Always into East...'

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Keep in mind, spirits are not people. They may be sentient, but the Shadow Realm and its inhabitants are strikingly alien compared to human existence. They are hyperfocused and really only care about their core 'concept'. This means, usually, that spirits are hyperknowledgable in some areas, but have vast ignorance of nearly anything outside that scope.

Comment

So Spirit of Knowledge will not know things outside of typical Knowledge - Knowledge? :/ Only Spirit of Dragons will know about a shift in Dragon concept at World?
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-04-2017, 07:34 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Well, they would also be tangentially aware of deeply interrelated topics. A dragon spirit, for instance, would have some small understanding of knights, for instance.

Comment

Depends on the Rank.

Death Wolf knows a lot of secrets from across the world spanning throughout thousands of years. A rank 1 spirit of secrets might know the shady dealings that went on in one room. A Rank 1 dragon spirit might not know of any other dragon spirits beyond its ability to sense Resonance. A Rank 6 might know of every dragon that exists right now. Another Rank 6 might know every dragon that existed in one area throughout history.

And it depends on association.

A spirit of fear might know if a dragon is nearby, as would a spirit of monsters or slaughter or fire or greed and so forth.

Comment

A rank 4 or 5 spirit of knowledge could use the Create Knowledge influence to learn anything it wanted, theoretically.

Comment

Working...
                  X