No announcement yet.

Story telling challenges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the helpful replies guys. It seems that she thought of a good solution herself, by playing a purified. I like this option a lot, because it still gives her character ties to the Shadow, but doesn't overshadow the Uratha in theor own element. They're a template from Immortals, and are still first edition though. I was wondering if any one had thoughts on translating them to second edition? I was considering making them a supernatural template merit like in Hurt Locker. Thoughts?

Comment

Check out this thread: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-spirit-rules

3+ rules variants for updating them, plus a lot of discussion about themes.

I love Purified a lot too, and try to sneak them into my campaigns when possible. I did have one purified character in my werewolf 1e game for a while; it worked well

Second Chance for

A Beautiful Madness

Comment

Thanks A lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Eyes View Post
          Only I so far I would be worried that she might feel left out in some scenes and being less powerful and stuff. Not a bad option and one I will think of presenting.

So for my Paris Werewolf chronicle, I had a player who didn't want to be a werewolf - he generally dislikes playing the 'full' supernatural types and wants, at most, a character who is 'human-plus', so he played a souped-up Proximus in an Awakening game I ran, for example. With Werewolf, we put our heads together and ended up with him having a significantly enhanced Wolf-Blooded:
          - A pile of extra XP to spend at the beginning, making him baseline more skilled and competent than the full werewolves.
          - Three Wolf-Blooded Tells.
          - Some interesting backstory to him so that he wasn't just 'the better Wolf-Blooded hanging around with the *proper* werewolves' - there were significant plot things going on with his own history.
          - And a solid understanding from him that, even with all this, his character would still be generally outshone by the raw impact of the full werewolves' supernatural capabilities; he would have to find the niches where his character could shine.

In many ways, the contrast between the super-Wolf-Blooded and the full werewolves helped make their strengths clearer, in interesting ways - for example, the fact that even with a regen Tell, he was no-where near as capable of rapidly recovering from horrific physical violence, but was actually more *skilled* at violence than the new-fledged Uratha. Worked out pretty well.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

‚ÄčLike my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
            In many ways, the contrast between the super-Wolf-Blooded and the full werewolves helped make their strengths clearer, in interesting ways - for example, the fact that even with a regen Tell, he was no-where near as capable of rapidly recovering from horrific physical violence, but was actually more *skilled* at violence than the new-fledged Uratha. Worked out pretty well.
            Skilled... how?

Comment

The pile of extra XP he started with meant he had very, very high dot ratings in various skills and attributes, plus plentiful things like merits. He was bringing more dice to the table for combat rolls than some of the werewolves were after they had transformed into combat-shapes (though fewer than the combat-optimised Rahu was iirc); the character also had the knowledge re small unit tactics and operating under the radar in urban environments that the new werewolves lacked (as he had worked for what was basically a French pseudo-occult covert department previously, before things went sour there).

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

‚ÄčLike my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Working...
              X