Tell (Primal Instincts) and Essence Pool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell (Primal Instincts) and Essence Pool

In "The Pack", the Primal Instincts Tell (page 59) gives a Wolf-Blooded Primal Urge, which they can raise like a Werewolf would with Experiences. Does this Primal Urge grant an Essence pool?

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    In "The Pack", the Primal Instincts Tell (page 59) gives a Wolf-Blooded Primal Urge, which they can raise like a Werewolf would with Experiences. Does this Primal Urge grant an Essence pool?
    Without another Tell, it explicitly only gives the advantage that a Supernatural Tolerance rating universally gives, i.e. adding to contested resistance against supernatural powers.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Is there any Tell, merit or minor template that grants an Essence pool?

Comment

The merit in The Pack that lets wolf blooded learn gifts would permit them access to the Gift of Essence from this blog post. The purity facet of that increases your essence pool by purity, theoretically giving someone without a pool one of that size. I don't think it would interact with Primal Instincts though.

But yeah, a tell that grants an essence pool (say 5 by default, that seems to be the go-to number for this sort of thing) is totally legit, it just hasn't actually been written in anything official. It'd probably need some sort of drawback though.

Comment

I'd like to point out that since Primal Instincts is not linked to an essence pool, its holder also would not suffer essence bleed for high levels of Primal Urge. In other words, you could with a certain amount of effort (XP) and role-playing end up with a wolf-blooded sporting Primal Urge 10. She's wander around just peachy with it, a paragon of the wild unfettered by the hunger of the wolves....

--Khanwulf

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
            I'd like to point out that since Primal Instincts is not linked to an essence pool, its holder also would not suffer essence bleed for high levels of Primal Urge. In other words, you could with a certain amount of effort (XP) and role-playing end up with a wolf-blooded sporting Primal Urge 10. She's wander around just peachy with it, a paragon of the wild unfettered by the hunger of the wolves....

--Khanwulf
            There's little point to Primal Urge without a dedicated Essence pool, mind.

Comment

You could allow it to interact with the tells that provide healing to buff them, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

There's little point to Primal Urge without a dedicated Essence pool, mind.

Not true! It provides a mortal (including wolf-blooded) with the power resist stat they need to reduce the risk of interacting with supernatural antagonists.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post

Not true! It provides a mortal (including wolf-blooded) with the power resist stat they need to reduce the risk of interacting with supernatural antagonists.

--Khanwulf
                  The Supernatural Resistance merit is far, far better at that.

Comment

Cheaper, but only goes up to 5.

Comment

More than enough.

Comment

Can you combine Primal Instincts with Supernatural Resistance then? Wolf-Blooded with effective Primal Urge 15 would be... interesting.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I probably wouldn't allow that, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                            Can you combine Primal Instincts with Supernatural Resistance then? Wolf-Blooded with effective Primal Urge 15 would be... interesting.
                            If you wanna burn 50xp in supernatural tolerance I'd shrug and allow it. Then promptly throw mages with Mind praxes at you.

Comment

As written I think it would overlap, not stack.

Comment

Working...
                              X