Fanfiction/AP/fiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanfiction/AP/fiction

(cos i have made this or similar posts in the other of the big 3)

So I'm interested in becoming more familiar with the setting of WtF, can anyone give me some recommendations for good fan fiction, actual play, or official fiction. tbh any fiction which is about Uratha.

prefer free stuff (fanficting and AP) cos mony is short at the moment, but anything is good.

The three big actual plays I know of are Home is Where the Bones Are, the Seventh Seal, and the Eater of Names. Unfortunately the latter is more or less on hiatus and wasn't really collected in and retold as a story, instead kept as recordings of gameplay. There is also Detroit Rock City, from one of the people behind Seventh Seal. Detroit Rock City came first.

There's not much in the way of official fiction. The middle story in Three Shades of Night is about the Chicago werewolves, focusing on a werewolf who has been drawn there from out of town by prophetic dreams and a waning interest in his own pack. Obviously the Idigam Chronicle Fiction Anthology exists, too, telling some stories from the books as well as some new ones. It's very good.

I believe there was a twitch stream that was running Forsaken, and a couple more actual plays on blogs dedicated to RPGs and actual plays, but I don't have any links.

Comment

*Squees at his AP being mentioned* Nyoah, you guise!

There are another few APs I've filed away over the years, too - they'e all First Edition, unfortunately, but they're what first turned me onto WtF so I highly recommend them:
      • Silence of Time - an entire chronicle by THE Matthew "Black Hat Matt" McFarland, developer of Beast, Demon and writer of So Many Other Good Books
      • Hunting Ground: Horn - this one inspired me a LOT, and I'm still mulling over how to steal and rework things from it for Home is Where the Bones Are
      • YEAR ZERO - I love this one, and not just because it was inspired by one of my all-time favourite albums
      • The Ties that Bind - another AP by Mr Shopping of Detroit Rock City / Seventh Seal fame
      There's another one, too, but I can't for the life of me think of it what it's called or how to find it. It was pretty great, though - from memory it was about a newly-Changed young woman in London, and it had some really clever things like an employer having his employees followed around by spirits of Productivity, and...if I remember correctly...the spirit of an unexploded WWII bomb.

Freelance OPP. Dark Eras, Shattered Dreams, and counting!

Comment

these look great, and hay first ed is where i started with werewolf as well.
        what order should i read seventh seal, DRC and tTtB in? that AP set in London sounds great, i dont see much CoD fiction set in the uk.

Comment

https://www.comixology.com/American-...l-comic/379949

Comment

not really what i was going for, not set in the CoD for a start

Comment

I put up podcasts of the City of Lights game, set in Paris, and the Eater of Names, set in Hong Kong. The first game unfortunately folded part-way through due to losing a couple of players due to RL issues; the second one I stopped podcasting as the recording laptop began to have technical issues then gave up the ghost entirely. It's currently on hiatus; if I return to it, hopefully I'll be able to record again by then.

- Chris Allen
              Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Took a moment to go find links:
                - The Paris game episodes that were recorded are on: https://insanitywetrust.wordpress.com/
                - The Hong Kong episodes that were recorded are on: http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTrustProductions/2 - at the moment we're just mucking about with some Star Wars, and I'm contemplating running Blades in the Dark at some point, but if we do return to Hong Kong (or do a new Werewolf Chronicle entirely) the episodes will go up here as well.

- Chris Allen
                Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Ah yes, City of Lights was great too! I wish that continued!

It's not Werewolf, ahather, but surely DaveB's APs will satisfy all your UK-CoD needs! Otherwise, there was another great Mage AP set in Oxford, too, but I won't clutter this thread up with that (unless you want it?)

And on Acrozatarim's note of short-lived APs, I and a few other 2nd edition playtesters had an extremely short-lived AP, too - The Wolf Must Hunt. It's only really good for characters and background stuff, really, because we got interrupted by RL before we really got to the meat of it.

Freelance OPP. Dark Eras, Shattered Dreams, and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
                    not really what i was going for, not set in the CoD for a start
                    oops sorry , I have just oppened the other posts's links

Comment

:'D I'M SO FUCKING THRILLED MY AP WAS RECOMMENDED HERE!!!

Ahem. I was a player in Ties that Bind, back when I was younger and less good. Please don't read this, I suck back then even if Shopping was great. As for Detroit Rock City? That's where I really got into my groove with Sebastian Weiss, Blood Talon extraordinaire, metalhead, and cat-eater. Seventh Seal is me taking a shot at posting a game that I'm running for Shopping, and I'd say that it's some of our best work.

Please be aware: Detroit Rock City and Ties that Bind are linear and not in the typical territory-centered style of Werewolf. Seventh Seal is far more territory focused but the Forsaken are antagonists, and be aware that this is about a lone wolf who's actually managed to really make it...through a combination of unique circumstances, her own brilliance, and powerful allies. Your average werewolf is *not* going to have access to the kinds of resources that LJ in Seventh Seal has, but it's just a different style. Also Shopping and I have slightly different interpretations of the Shadow and Spirits, as you'll see.

No particular order to read them in, DRC is over 100 pages of forum in length, Seventh Seal is currently 15 I believe. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X