Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, first werewolf fight and... questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

(Emphasis mine.) That’s a pretty generous interpretation of what’s written. If someone is holding you down, I’d suggest using the grapple rules - and Unchained’s specific interaction with them. Otherwise, the Gift isn’t working as intended.
    Funny, thought it fulfilled the same function as Slip Away from 1e. Oh well, nothing a fetish can't fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

Funny, thought it fulfilled the same function as Slip Away from 1e. Oh well, nothing a fetish can't fix.
      If it was an auto-escape from being held down, the optimum action whenever losing a grapple would just be to go limp and unresisting, wherein the Gift would auto free you from being held, and you could start again. Adding your Cunning when grappling is a reasonable bonus, and securing release from any material binding you is pretty good to have.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

I'm not arguing.

Comment

I know. Just spelling out the reasoning behind my post, in case anyone was wondering.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

He gets to roll, but can only try to escape and needs to beat an exceptional success.
            This confuses me because the opponent wouldnt need to necessarily beat the the exceptional success or i am understanding the grappling rules wrong. And i am fuzzy on the utility of hold and restrain. Say PC A and PC B are grappling and both are in duel 1 vs 1 for a piece of territory, lets say to the death (or to the first aggravated damage, is not really important) so the issue of "objective before the fight" is clear cut.

Turn 1: Both roll A gets 5 successes a uses Hold and Restrain.

Turn 2: Both A and B roll again, then A get 3 successes so B need only to get 4 to get free. Or i am miss understanding?

And this generates a question. If hold & restrain dont affect the grappling roll in any way and barring multiples characters helping you hit him. Then the utility of doing Hold->Restrain->Damage instead of Damage->Damage->damage (assuming 3 moves in 3 turns just for the sake of clarity) is that if the opponent wins in any of those he can only use the "break free" move and end the grapple but cannot damage, Control weapon, Drop prone and/or Hold?
            Last edited by LokiRavenSpeak; 11-19-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X