Wolf's Rain as WtF game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf's Rain as WtF game

So Story Letter asked for this, but did not done himself. Let’s look on one of interesting anime about wolves becoming humans ever created – as tale of WtF game. Let’s talk Wolf’s Rain!

Source of information about series

Beside WtF 2E corebook Bloods and Bones – I use some of proposed by fans here.

Wolf’s Rain setting:
    • Story takes place in post-apocalyptic future where climate changed to next Ice Age. Humanity is on it’s last grasps – end of human kind is possible if solution will not be found.
    • In Uratha kind ( ‘wolves’ ) there is tale about Paradise that – when found – will fix a world. Connotation of recreating Pangea from WtF are obvious here.
    • All Uratha are Urhanu – they are all born as wolves become humans for survival, not the other way around.
    • Uratha can only take Hishu and Urhan forms.
    • There are no direct Tribes, but story of Paradise seems to point in previous times Tribes culture could existed. I pointed to Tribes characters would have if those factions existed in series.
    Main characters:
    • Kiba – Blood: Alpha, Bone: Lone Wolf, Auspice: Elodoth, Tribe: Storm Lords
    • Tsume – Blood: Monster, Bone: Wallflower, Auspice: Rahu, Tribe: Iron Masters
    • Hige – Blood: Fox, Bone: Hedonist, Auspice: Cahalith, Tribe: Hunter in Darkness
    • Toboe – Blood: Omega, Bone: Cub, Auspice: Irraka, Tribe: None? He does not seem to choose any philosophy in series.
    • Blue – Blood: Beta, Bone: Role Model, Auspice: Rahu
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-26-2017, 03:09 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

hahahahaha you are unbeliavable

Comment

Would Cheza be a promethean made of wolf blood and lunar energy?

While the actual tribes don't exist, most of the wolves might fit the 1e tribes (ie no sacred prey, more personality wise) if they are taken less as a social group and more a line of descent and archetype. Like Kiba as a storm lord, Hige and Toboe are Iron Masters, Tsume is a Hunter in Darkness (Or maybe storm Lord or bone shadow) and Blue is a ghost wolf.

Comment

No, she is manifested pagaean.
        Last edited by Story Letter; 12-24-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Why not have both! Perhaps she is a Promethean made from Lunar power to evolve into a qasmal whose mission is to bring back Pangaea and evolve into a Pangaean. Its.. entirely strange, certainly, but... It would work. Granted, it relies on the small but iirc wyrd supported idea that some promethean choose a pilgrimage to become something other than human, but for this storyline, it seems to fit.

Comment

No this is a WtF core setting, only core WtF stuff allowed.

Comment

I added Tribes to characters I think more work with TV series as I re-watch it. Kiba is proud Storm Lord that has 'vision of Paradise' and fighting with weaknesses in wolf kind. Tsume is clearly examplar Iron Master, using humans to his own ends. Hige is much more 'I live in city and get food from humans' Iron Master. And Toboe does not seem to choose Tribe stance yet.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                I added Tribes to characters I think more work with TV series as I re-watch it. Kiba is proud Storm Lord that has 'vision of Paradise' and fighting with weaknesses in wolf kind. Tsume is clearly examplar Iron Master, using humans to his own ends. Hige is much more 'I live in city and get food from humans' Iron Master. And Toboe does not seem to choose Tribe stance yet.

What do you think Toboe chooses for a Trbe after they defeated the huge walrus? They did fight awesomely like a pack back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
                  What do you think Toboe chooses for a Trbe after they defeated the huge walrus? They did fight awesomely like a pack back then.
                  I will answer it when I see walrus. I'm just now after war machine episode and past 'City of Dogs' episodes.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Coolness sorry for spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
                      Would Cheza be a promethean made of wolf blood and lunar energy?
                      As seeing now first episode where Cheza is awake ( and fallen from the sky ) I think, as she is Moon Flower Maiden - that she is Luna's Herald, locked into artificial body!

Think about it - IF we treat Luna as she was able to do stuff like Idigam ( that in WtF she clearly can, there are even rumors Idigam ARE Luna's Children, in the end ) - And one of Idigam powers is Forge Herald - And Moon Flower is indication of Mother Moon influence on the world in Wolf's Rain - It kinda makes sense that Cheza, Maiden made of Moon Flower, will be Herald for the Luna herself. Artificially created by humans, but Herald of Moon non the less! Maybe Luna choose her as proper Herald when she awoken - and before she just smelled a lot of Moon Flowers, so Kiba followed her smell, 'instinctively'.
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-25-2017, 05:43 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        Hige is much more 'I live in city and get food from humans' Iron Master.
                        Seen now 10 episodes - I'm after Forest of Dead in storyline - Hige looks to me as much more Hunter in Darkness. He survives anything and anywhere, always giving Toboe remarks that cub cannot take care for himself or not understanding ecosystem. Hige is just much more 'city dwelling' HiD as it's easier for him to live there, but get's fine once they are in the wild, on pilgrimage to Paradise. Still, he seems to not understand humans so much as Tsume, so this is why second one is Iron Master more.
                        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-26-2017, 02:25 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Tsume and Kiba are both Rahu aspects, Kiba a stormlord and Tsume a Blood Talon.
                          Hige suits more for iron master for his human affinity.
                          Toboe might be more suited for Hunter after some pack tactics and successful hunting, he may have experience with humans but he hides surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
                            Tsume and Kiba are both Rahu aspects, Kiba a stormlord and Tsume a Blood Talon.
                            Hige suits more for iron master for his human affinity.
                            Toboe might be more suited for Hunter after some pack tactics and successful hunting, he may have experience with humans but he hides surprises.
                            I will let you disagree pacifistically, as I have readings much more stronger with each rewatched episode and I stay with my associations.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So my players are arguing with me about my interpretation of anime, so I can as well sum up here my Auspice and Tribe association for each wolf - and reasons behind them.

Kiba:
                              • Elodoth – Rahu want’s to solve conflicts and his own victory, often solving things alone. Kiba, instead, is making many decisions because they are ‘honorable’. He almost constantly goes to CONVINCE others to his actions and so the follow him. Compare his actions with Tsume in anime. What’s more, in 2E Elodoths can soother but also to CALL a Death Rage in other Uratha – see how actions of Kiba works on others. He is clearly much more Elodoth, than Rahu.
                              • Storm Lords – Kiba does not recognize any Weakness, in himself or in other wolves, even more he wants to lead the pack. It’s perfect fulling of Lords Ban: “Allow No One to Witness or to Tend Your Weakness.”
                              Tsume:
                              • Rahu – Tsume sees everything as conflict that needs to be solved and is first to use violence. He is also the most ‘tactical’ of wolves.
                              • Iron Masters – Few times in anime is called that Tsume feels best in city and best understand humans - even if he despises them.
                              Hige:
                              • Cahalith – Hige is ‘older brother’ for the rest of pack, saying ‘we must end arguing and do this’ ( most mostly agreeing with Kiba plans ). It’s a bit more interpretation from 1E, but Cahalith is ‘support’ in pack, solving tensions inside it. Elodoth convince other to his reasons - Cahalith want everyone to cooperate with each other ( and has Gifts for this ).
                              • Hunters in Darkness – most often Hige reprimands Toboe that he does not understand life and not handle his hunts or taking care of food. He starts it in city, but in wilds continues those chiding the cub.
                              Toboe:
                              • Irraka – Toboe is most withdrawn wolf during the action. Many times he is shown that he loves to sneak up on others.
                              • I’m now in half of episodes and I still do not see Toboe to choose the way of thinking of anyone Tribe.
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-27-2017, 04:55 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                              X