No announcement yet.

First Tongue questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we talking about how First Tongue is actually created? If so, it is basically Sumerian that has been de-grimmed. Therefore, to find out the origin of the word, you would find a close approximate in Sumerian and then run it through the process.

Comment

I think wyrdhamster means an in-world origin.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        I think wyrdhamster means how they developed the First Tongue as a language.

As the Shadow is a reflection of the real world it stands to reason that the First Tongue is, in turn, a reflection of language ingrained to every spirit or spirit-borne entity.
        Yes, I asked how First Tongue come to being, at all, not how particular word is made. BUT saying that First Tongue reflect new Flesh concepts the same way as Spirit World reflects Flesh Real - it's in-game logical and okay, for me. 😎

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

In the topics subject - Do Pangeans known First Tongue? Uremehir is language of Spirits, but it's not strictly said it comes from Pangea itself...

<Checks WtF 2E corebook> Okay, Pangeans SHOULD know Uremehir:
          'Legend holds that humans, spirits, and werewolves all used the language prior to the breaking of Pangaea.'

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            In the topics subject - Do Pangeans known First Tongue? Uremehir is language of Spirits, but it's not strictly said it comes from Pangea itself...

<Checks WtF 2E corebook> Okay, Pangeans SHOULD know Uremehir:
            'Legend holds that humans, spirits, and werewolves all used the language prior to the breaking of Pangaea.'
            I forgot to specify in the Sundered World, but given everything that was established there, I think the answer is likely to be yes - and possibly that any given Pangaean can communicate through various other means as well.

I wouldn't read too much into the 'Legend holds that...' line. After all, it's talking about legend, rather than proven fact. The Vinca, for example, lived before the Sundering but clearly don't speak First Tongue.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Working...
            X