[2E] Fixing Dread Powers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

One of the final enemies in the closing sessions of my first full-length Forsaken chronicle in 1e was a skyscraper-sized city spirit, so... pretty much.
    When I do that to my players, they whine to me for days that I try to kill them . They like it though .

I do strongly believe that an element of a story teller's creativity is the difficulties/challenges he tosses upon his players. So if something looks too strong for the players counterbalance it with a well suited scenario, or horror mood. Not all things out there are expected to be known by book readers,or to be exactly like in the book .
    Last edited by Story Letter; 12-19-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

One of the final enemies in the closing sessions of my first full-length Forsaken chronicle in 1e was a skyscraper-sized city spirit, so... pretty much.
      Bane: 747 planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

But they need a more specific bane, so maybe only hijacked 747 planes are it's bane...
        Last edited by Greyskull; 12-23-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post

When I do that to my players, they whine to me for days that I try to kill them . They like it though .

I do strongly believe that an element of a story teller's creativity is the difficulties/challenges he tosses upon his players. So if something looks too strong for the players counterbalance it with a well suited scenario, or horror mood. Not all things out there are expected to be known by book readers,or to be exactly like in the book .
          ​Well I certainly wasn't going soft on them; as well as the Maeljin-corrupted city spirit, there was a Bale Hound irraka with a longarm and a mad, corrupted ithalunim. To make things worse, the Bale Hound was the sole surviving member of a Pure attack that wiped out the characters' mentor pack at the beginning of the game; they'd thought he died too, only finding out he was a) still alive, b) that he was the mysterious Bale Hound causing havoc in the city all along and c) that the *entire* mentor pack had been Bale Hounds 'fighting fire with fire' against another Maeljin's influence all along - discovering all this very late in the Chronicle.

That was a fun game.

Originally posted by Malus View Post

​The bane was actually a purified version of an icon of authority of office. The pack had managed to get their hands on a truesilver sceptre.

​They killed the city spirit by stabbing it repeatedly in one of its massive eyes of glass and cartilage with the sceptre.

​And *then* they went off for a final showdown between the city's Forsaken and the invading Pure.

- Chris Allen
          Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

​Well I certainly wasn't going soft on them; as well as the Maeljin-corrupted city spirit, there was a Bale Hound irraka with a longarm and a mad, corrupted ithalunim. To make things worse, the Bale Hound was the sole surviving member of a Pure attack that wiped out the characters' mentor pack at the beginning of the game; they'd thought he died too, only finding out he was a) still alive, b) that he was the mysterious Bale Hound causing havoc in the city all along and c) that the *entire* mentor pack had been Bale Hounds 'fighting fire with fire' against another Maeljin's influence all along - discovering all this very late in the Chronicle.
            Great scenario indeed, a pure example on how wonderful a Werewolf core campaign can be without crossover elements.
            Respect.

Comment

Working...
            X