Twelve Storm Lords Bowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nofather View Post

That could happen, with the Uratha finding some intersititial world or alternate dimension that lacks the spiritual seed beds created by stellar entities like Luna and Helios.

I've been thinking about an Ithaqua-oriented lodge that kidnap wolf-blooded to keep his alien world populated with worshipers while also corrupting weather spirits in our world.
    Fascinating. I’ll have to make a memo of this.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Acrozatarim, you have something to Irraka? Every other Auspice name you wrote from capital letter on start - only you constantly wrote 'irraka', like No Moons were inferior to rest.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Acrozatarim, you have something to Irraka? Every other Auspice name you wrote from capital letter on start - only you constantly wrote 'irraka', like No Moons were inferior to rest.
        Or just lower key.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Right, let's see if the multiquote function works on my new laptop's browser.

​Warning: Inebriation levels may prohibit coherence.

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
          Holy Shit.

Holy Shit

That makes me thinking- what would the Temple of Apollo think about the Tibicenas? I don't assume a meeting between them would end well for either sides, and I am scared to death of what the Temple would do if they'll manage to put their claws upon Guayota, but throwing them as a "wild card" in a squabble between the Tibicena and the Ivory Claws may proof itself interesting, IMO.
          ​Apollonians would probably assume Guayota was also a member of the Temple, or a fragment of twisted history actually referring to Apollo, or possibly a Lyceum elder who was highly attuned to the sun wolf, or possibly that the remains are an omphalos stone of Apollo. Regardless, yeah, things would probably go badly sideways; the Tibicena may be heretics but they're still Forsaken, and the Apollonian creed really doesn't gel with their beliefs. You can bet that the Lyceum of Apollo would be very, very keen on getting their hands on the mummy tho. Good catch on adding them as a wild card into the Forsaken/Pure clash involving the Tibicena, definitely.

This is incredibly awesome, thank you so much. I really appreciate adding in their own antagonists, from the Ivory Claws, Storm Lords and helions. The whole thing is rife with plot potential and is so much in line with how I've seen Forsaken.

Mechanically would you represent this with the Fire Elemental Dread Power? It does three Lethal per turn to anyone within a yard and reduces fire damage it suffers by Stamina + Resolve.
          ​I left it a bit open because I didn't want to spend the time mulling over the exact mechanics at that point but yes, the Dread Power is a good starting point there. Fiery doom werewolves!

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
          Moroccan Werewolves? Yes Please!
          ​Indeed. There's some great North African material for both Uratha and antagonists (hence my references with the Lodge of the Firefly in The Pack) but regardless, Morocco is an interesting setting for Uratha stuff. Of course, the Tibicena's initially mobile approach means they can be put into any setting - I think they'd be interesting in the US, especially with the core of the pack dealing with issues around being immigrants (and the way that Uratha capabilities can ride roughshod over some of the problems therewith).

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
          Awesome as expected.

For some reason “sun-wolf” sounded more familiar than it should be, so I did some research on my own. Turns out there’s Korean folklore on “Fire-hounds from the Kingdom of Darkness,” but they’re more like demigods who tried to steal the sun and the moon to light their kingdom. There’s also the Tiangou/Cheon-gu from Chinese/Korean myths; star-dogs which run across the skies ablaze, sometimes falling to the earth (ie. like comets).

Perhaps Guayota is older than even the Moroccan being it is named for; its exploits having spread through continents eons ago.
          ​I do a touch of research when figuring out the foundations of my material IIRC the things you're commenting on were one of the reasons I indicated the Firstborn twins of Sun and Moon were situated in the China/Korea area.

​And yes, Guayota being much older than the latest incarnation is definitely a possibility. It might be a mantle that's handed from Uratha to Uratha, or a misinterpretation of older mythology, etc etc.

Actually, I quite like the idea that 'there is always a Guayota' - there is always an Uratha trying to eat the sun/be the sun/generally inherit the Myffic Mantle of sun wolf.

That could happen, with the Uratha finding some intersititial world or alternate dimension that lacks the spiritual seed beds created by stellar entities like Luna and Helios.

I've been thinking about an Ithaqua-oriented lodge that kidnap wolf-blooded to keep his alien world populated with worshipers while also corrupting weather spirits in our world.
          ​Mm, I'm a fan of corrosive or weird alternate realities that the Uratha can handle on account of being absurdly resilient and a bit h'occult, and the bleed-through thereof into our own world.

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
          without invaliding anything you said- but what about Apollo the Sun Wolf, the Totem of the Temple of Apollo?
          ​V.1 of the Tibicena, I realised I was hewing too close to the Eaters of the Dead (the cult were originally consuming the mummy/trying to implant its ivory organs into themselves, and the core concept was 'Guayota is storming the gates of the dead to invade the funerary realm). V.2 I realised part-way through it was hewing close to Apollo, shrugged, and went 'fuck it, connections and interlinkings are more interesting than a lack of such'

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Yes, that too. Turns out Apollo’s association with wolves isn’t something Forsaken made up. There’s clearly some mythic resonance between wolves and celestial light, and in the CofD that may have been born out of witnessing such a being in action. Nice story hooks.
          ​I am aghast at the notion you thought I might have made Apollo's association with wolves up!

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            ​It's because irraka are more stealthy. Capital letters call attention, whereas the irraka slink past unnoticed and inconspicuous.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Working...
            X