Wolf-Blooded game help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf-Blooded game help

I’m looking for some advice on how to run a Wolf-Blooded game with only one werewolf, an NPC Ivory Claw therapist who leads their support group. What are some ways I can let them run into spirits without actually entering the Shadow? My original idea was for a Claimed, but I’d need to be able to pass it off as only slightly unusual at first. Any advice would be most welcome.

If you wanted spirits without entering the Shadow, before going Claimed you might just have Ridden. These are people or areas that have spirits fettered to them that occasionally use their powers to encourage certain things. They aren't as inherently monstrous as a Claimed, which tend to look inhuman. So it could be as simple as a fountain that, every night, gathers people around it to spill their blood into it which empowers the spirit.

One of the Wolf-Blooded Tells, Piercing Eyes I think it's called, allows you to see things in Twilight, including said spirits. Providing they aren't hiding, at least. You wouldn't see a Claimed like that, however, it just being one physical entity.

Some other antagonists that might work would be azlu or beshilu or other hosts. Ghosts, God Machine cults and angels, slashers, which range from mundane serial killers to supernaturally-enhanced killers like Michael Myers.

Comment

I really like the fountain idea, so I’m thinking of using that. I was mainly thinking Claimed because Azlu and Kindred are the main antagonists in my Werewolf game I run when everyone’s present, so I wanted to do something different for the off-week game.

Comment

A fettered spirit is a very useful idea. You can take any seemingly mundane problem and heighten it just a little by adding a spirit. You can also tone down strange problems by making it something mundane, just a little out of the curve because of the spirit's agenda.

Here is one plot you can try:

People talk about how an old garden was once used by a satanic cult to give victims as sacrifice to a demon who killed with preternatural might. One day a body is found near the garden, broken in several places as if beaten by an ogre. The legend sparks rumors about the cult being back, and the entity calling for fresh blood, while the bodies grow in number by the week and the police can't find a lead to the culprit. Actually, a spirit of vengeance just nudged someone a little, and this person went the rest of the way at the first killing. As the spirit feasted upon the results, it saw how the tale not only increased the Essence generated, but also made for an easy escape for the killer. Now the spirit just gives vengeful people the ideas they need to emulate the story and use it as an escape goat.

You have it all here. A supernatural mystery of grave proportion, actual victims dying horribly, an otherworldly entity with a bloody agenda that must be stopped. But the actual crimes are completely mundane, the threats are little, and even the entity, as hard as it is to reach and fight, don't need to be dangerous by itself.

Sorry if I seem too straightforward, or if I don't get you. Autism isn't a forgiving condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatmanofcoffee View Post
          I’m looking for some advice on how to run a Wolf-Blooded game with only one werewolf, an NPC Ivory Claw therapist who leads their support group. What are some ways I can let them run into spirits without actually entering the Shadow? My original idea was for a Claimed, but I’d need to be able to pass it off as only slightly unusual at first. Any advice would be most welcome.
          One of the Wolf-blooded Tells is to treat the affected Wolf-blood as a lvl 1 loci. This will make it VERY easy to justify materializing spirits without needing an external loci, or introducing Claimed or Ridden so early in the game.

Comment

Working...
          X