Staking a Werewolf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

A vampire in frenzy isn't stupid. It's animalistic and monomaniacal, but not mindless. As the book says: "the Beast isn’t stupid." If the Beast believes staking is the best course of action to achieve its goal, then it will do so.
    ''enraged, terrified, or starving animal predator''

Sorry but the staking through the heart in frenzy is too sophisticated and more of metagame thinking rather than original frenzy reaction. Now if your Story Teller allows it and you have fun with it, I pass.

Comment

I think Vitalis was saying that the staking and frenzying took place at different times.

The first time, his character used a stake and failed. The frenzying came up during the rematch, when likely it wasn't attempting the stake again.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        I think Vitalis was saying that the staking and frenzying took place at different times.

The first time, his character used a stake and failed. The frenzying came up during the rematch, when likely it wasn't attempting the stake again.

Yes. Thank you Nofather. That is exactly what happened. All fangs and claws the second time around.

While I agree that staking something in the heart might be too much of a though for an enraged beast.. Stabbing something repeatedly in the chest with that stake might not be especially if you had the stake in your hand when you went into a rage. (as a matter of fact, that is portrayed many times in a blind rage.) I also think that some called shots are perfectly acceptable in a frenzy. If someone has a particularly deadly weapon in their hand, you might want to target their hand or arm to break it to make them drop it before they kill you with it. Self preservation is pretty high up there even when you are in a kill frenzy.

For example, a vampire fighting against someone with a can of hair spray and a lighter. They might want to make them drop one of those things before they suddenly get set on fire. It would definitely put a damper on you trying to eat them...

Comment

Vitalis of course you will attack with your stick while in frenzy, but if I was your ST and since you have so high a BP, I would opt to keep things spicy with chances that may include. random called shots, a broken stick after a few blows, even after one blow (you are too strong for your own good), or even worse a stick brocken in your awesomely powerful grip, well wood cannot stand a supergrip of that magnitute, let the power of chance decide .
          But thats just the humble little me .

Comment

The beast of a vampire in Frenzy can decide that what it wants is to humiliate someone to be satisfied, and it doesn't even has to involve violence.

Comment

Page 103 side bar
              ''a vampire’s rational consciousness is no longer in control during frenzy''

Page 104
              ''The Frenzy
              Upon entering frenzy, determine what the Beast wants. Does it want to escape? Does it want to punish the person who insulted his host? Does it want blood?''

If you still want to add a social aspect to it I would recomend demonic possession videos for inspiration. You know tongue frenzy. Rather than logical wickedness, which shouldn't happen.

Sorry for being out of topic, but its already awkward and inappropriate to talk about vampire in a werewolf forum.

Appart from all of that, staking a werewolf to the heart sounds more like a game group fun matter than an actual problem of what effect it may have, the simple rule should be frenzy for self perservation, I think the ST of Vitalis, roleplayed it appropriately and made the werewolf go away after taking aggravated damage.

Comment

Working...
              X