[2E] New Wolf Blooded Tells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] New Wolf Blooded Tells

So topic for fan made WB Tells – share and talk about your own. Here are mine for start… ( Yes, first one is called exactly like the Facet it’s emulate. )

Luna’s Embrace
    Under stress, Wolf-Blooded change his physical sex – when he rolls Failure on Integrity Breaking Point. The change is biologically complete and functional. The Wolf-Blooded appearance changes so that he or she now looks very much like a twin brother or sister to his or her old self.
    Boon: The Wolf-Blooded can will his sex change using his own Willpower. He only need to will it and spend 1 Willpower Point – he changes sex as Instant Action. Law enforcement are mostly confused when they need to look women instead of men they pursuit before sundown.

Face in the Water
    Wolf-Blooded change into Urhan ( or back in to Hishu if being in wolf form already ) when going over running water – like rivers.
    Boon: The Wolf-Blooded change his Forms between Hishu and Urhan each time he is going to get wet more than his one limb or body part.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-07-2018, 01:07 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

I really like this!

Comment

There already was a thread for this: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-blooded-tells

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      So topic for fan made WB Tells – share and talk about your own. Here are mine for start… ( Yes, first one is called exactly like the Facet it’s emulate. )

Luna’s Embrace
      Wolf-Blooded change his physical sex each night – in the moment he sees Moon on the sky. The change is biologically complete and functional. The Wolf-Blooded appearance changes so that he or she now looks very much like a twin brother or sister to his or her old self.
      Boon: The Wolf-Blooded can stop the change for one night, using his own Willpower. If he spends 1 Willpower Point when looking on the Moon first time on this night – he stays in the body from previous 24 hours. With a little devotion, he can stays practically all the time in one sex – he just need to force his will on each night to not change. Law enforcement are mostly confused when they need to look women instead of men they pursuit before sundown.
      The Boon isn't really much of one. Nightly changes seem a bit excessive. What about tying it to Breaking Points instead?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        The Boon isn't really much of one. Nightly changes seem a bit excessive. What about tying it to Breaking Points instead?
        So forced changes ( 'curse' part) is on the Breaking Points - and Boon part is based on character Willpower spending and can be multiple times per day, only Willpower Points he needs?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

So forced changes ( 'curse' part) is on the Breaking Points - and Boon part is based on character Willpower spending and can be multiple times per day, only Willpower Points he needs?
          Yeah that sounds about right. That way the Boon is something you use for your benefit when needed, and the curse us something you have no control over.

Comment

Second take on Luna’s Embrace Tell…

Luna’s Embrace
            Under stress, Wolf-Blooded change his physical sex – when he rolls Failure on Integrity Breaking Point. The change is biologically complete and functional. The Wolf-Blooded appearance changes so that he or she now looks very much like a twin brother or sister to his or her old self.
            Boon: The Wolf-Blooded can will his sex change using his own Willpower. He only need to will it and spend 1 Willpower Point – he changes sex as Instant Action. Law enforcement are mostly confused when they need to look women instead of men they pursuit before sundown.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Are there any existing tells related to how Werewolves are carnivores? Like something about gaining benefits from eating meat you hunted yourself, but also having a carnivore diet?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                Are there any existing tells related to how Werewolves are carnivores? Like something about gaining benefits from eating meat you hunted yourself, but also having a carnivore diet?
                No. That's not much of a Tell, though. Link it to 'They can only eat raw meat,' or meat from a carnivore or human, and some benefits would fit. I'd probably have benefits from eating humans be different from just raw meat. Two different Tells.

Comment

I'm not sure is carnivore diet should be Tell - Tells are partially benefit. Diet restrictions are only restrictions. It's why they are as drawback in high Primal Urge.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

There are already "tracking" Tells so you'd either have to get creative or find another effect for the Boon. Maybe model it like Bone Gnaw - you get information from what you eat?

For the Drawback, how about using Addicted+Deprived as a model, instead of a hard cap? Or the Sick Condition for non-primarily-meat food?
                    Last edited by Vent0; 02-20-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Tells are primarily sell as a problem with side benefits, that was one the most ingenious part of their design that is constantly absent from fan-made ones and is a pity.

An obligate carnivore Tell that has some benefit is literally they way it should be made. Benefit could be to upgrade the damage of your bite attack if you take out chunks of meat, like werewolves do (normally from Bashing to Lethal, but if you also have the Bite Tell, from Lethal to Aggravated)

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Hm:

Wolf Spirit

You have some behaviors more akin to a dog than a human; you sniff people upon meeting them, get upset when people enter your personal space without permission, growl when feeling playful or angry, and so on. You need to spend one willpower or roll Resolve + Subterfuge to suppress this for a scene or otherwise subtly downplay it, and many people are put off by it.

Boon: With a canine mind comes canine empathy. You automatically pick up on what a canid, be they domestic dog, wolf, or even fox, is feeling simply by reading their body language. You can also command all canids with a Presence + Animal Kin roll, though they are bound by their natural behavior and will not put their lives at risk, nor will they go against their training (the guard dog is not going to let you by, though you can confuse him).

Comment

Not bad, I would prefer some minor mechanical tidbit attached to the first part, but that's something everytable can deal with.

Comment

Furry: The Tell?

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                            Hm:

Wolf Spirit

You have some behaviors more akin to a dog than a human; you sniff people upon meeting them, get upset when people enter your personal space without permission, growl when feeling playful or angry, and so on. You need to spend one willpower or roll Resolve + Subterfuge to suppress this for a scene or otherwise subtly downplay it, and many people are put off by it.

Boon: With a canine mind comes canine empathy. You automatically pick up on what a canid, be they domestic dog, wolf, or even fox, is feeling simply by reading their body language. You can also command all canids with a Presence + Animal Kin roll, though they are bound by their natural behavior and will not put their lives at risk, nor will they go against their training (the guard dog is not going to let you by, though you can confuse him).

Comment

I would say more like otherkin if you really have the need to associate it to a community. That's not what a furry is, as far as I know, wich is not much.

Comment

Working...
                              X