[2E] WtA Tribe as WtF Lodge – Black Furies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] WtA Tribe as WtF Lodge – Black Furies

I give you Black Furies! I hope will tear you out - Bon Appetite, Werewolf fans! J [ Group is based of Black Furies Tribe write up from W20 corebook. It’s part of my wider project to bring WtA Tribes as WtF 2E Lodges. ]

Black Furies
    Amazons, Daughters of Artemis, Erynies

‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ saying says. This could very well be invented by Black Furies. As descendants of Greek’s Amazons and Erynies ( also called Furies ) from myths, those are Daughters of Luna as Artemis, the Huntress of the Moon. They are fighting with violence targeting women. Their rituals are empowering women and protecting their live and traditions. Their packs are secret sisterhoods that follows mystery cults initiation into at least once a month Wild Hunts for those that wronged women. Furies will remember what you did to you wife, sister or mother. In modern nights they fight with modern slavery, sex trafficking, abuse, and other offenses that are all too persistent for world where sexes should be equal.

Erynies originated in Greece, but spread from there. They survived Christianization with their pagan ways as sisterhoods of ‘actress’ recreating myths in Byzantine Empire – and later spread in Europe after Crusaders attacked them on Asia Minor. Then Wolves of Artemis take back their vengeance to their wrongdoers. There are even some rumors that Furies were patrons for liberation of social norms in Renaissance Italy and more equal treating of women from there on.

Common to all Daughters of Artemis is they are all women. Physical male Uratha or Wolf-Blooded are accepted in to Lodge only if they have Luna’s Embrace Facet from Gift of Change – or similar Tell. Not limited to one Tribe but proud in fighting with weakness shown to men - Black Furies are most often Storm Lords, following Winter Wolf in their hunts. Then they also look especially for the Urged women by the invasive forces, wanting to undermine their power. Other factions in Lodge are Bone Shadows following Death Wolf and cultivating mystical ways of their ancestress.

Totem: Pegasus
    The great winged horse-spirit has a strong resentment of men, implying there’s some truth to the myth of Bellerophon. Some Furies use “the bridle of Bellerophon” as a poetic metaphor for the hand of man as it tries to master the most sacred things of the wild and Shadow.
    As Totem, Pegasus actively urges Amazons to perfect their combat and mystical prowess. They can only defeat man abusing women if they can outshine those men.

Bonds
    Blessing: A Lodge member adds 5 dices rather than 3 when spending Willpower and add +4 on all out attacks instead of +2 when they defend women.
    Aspiration: To protect women.
    Ban: A Lodge member cannot let man to win confrontation with her.

The Sacred Hunt
    The Lodge Sacred Hunt grants your character to gain rote action on all tracking rolls against those who wronged any women in the last moon cycle. For this ability, wrongdoer is man whose actions lead to Breaking Point on the women. Lodge adherent will see wrongdoer as burning with crimson red light.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-07-2018, 03:27 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Bonds
    Blessing: A Lodge member adds 5 dices rather than 3 when spending Willpower to defend women. Aspiration: To protect women.
    Ban: A Lodge member cannot let man to win confrontation with her.

The Sacred Hunt
    The Lodge Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to track those that wronged any women in last moon cycle. For this ability, wrongdoer is man whose actions lead to Breaking Point on the women. Lodge adherent will see wrongdoer as burning with crimson red light.
    Blessing: A Lodge member adds 5 dices rather than 3 when spending Willpower and add +4 on all out attacks instead of +2 when they defend women.

The Sacred Hunt
    The Lodge Sacred Hunt grants your character to gain rote action on all tracking rolls against those who wronged any women in the last moon cycle. For this ability, wrongdoer is man whose actions lead to Breaking Point on the women. Lodge adherent will see wrongdoer as burning with crimson red light.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Okay, these corrections really make sense - I am editing the opening post then.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Keep up the good work, you are on a good path.

Comment

So as someone who never played WtA, I'm coming at this strictly from it's use to WtF.

Criticism One
          They are fighting with violence targeting women.
          Minor nitpick, but the phrasing should be 'against' since with is ambiguous and awkward in this sentence.

Criticism Two
          Physical male Uratha or Wolf-Blooded are accepted in to Lodge only if they have Luna’s Embrace Facet from Gift of Change – or similar Tell.
          Unless your intention to create a TERF centered lodge (in which case you should probably make the lodge more clearly align with The Pure) this should probably simply be changed to the requirement "Men aren't allowed to join." Much less finicky that way and provides for a richer history that includes different expressions of trans and nb identity through it's history.

Criticism Three
          This lodge feels like it wants to be affiliated with the Iron Masters and/or Blood Talons since targeted violence against women tends to be a more human problem than a spiritual one.

Otherwise the Lodge seems pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Knit-I-Fine View Post
            Criticism Two
            Unless your intention to create a TERF centered lodge (in which case you should probably make the lodge more clearly align with The Pure) this should probably simply be changed to the requirement "Men aren't allowed to join." Much less finicky that way and provides for a richer history that includes different expressions of trans and nb identity through it's history.
            What do you have with all those 'you must align to Pure' on Lodges? Forsaken Tribes characters can all be exclusive, aggressive or villainous in their own way, you do not need to be Pure werewolf for that. Love for LGBT+ characters is not decisive theme between Pure or Forsaken. Both Tribal Alliances can be pro or against those characters. Being Pure or Forsaken has nothing to be allies for LGBT+ people as any Uratha character can be Trans or homosexual, if he wants to.

And, well, I pointed to ways for Trans character to join Lodge - straight from WtF 2E corebook.

Originally posted by Knit-I-Fine View Post
            Criticism Three
            This lodge feels like it wants to be affiliated with the Iron Masters and/or Blood Talons since targeted violence against women tends to be a more human problem than a spiritual one.
            Iron Masters probably yes, because of society problems - but Blood Talons? Talons are hunting other werewolves. There is nothing strictly speaking that abuse of women is only werewolves problem - especially as any Uratha can learn power to change sex at will. It's much more human society at large.
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-08-2018, 04:57 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So while the Forsaken can be the villains, the coding of the Forsaken is very queer positive. The Forsaken are defined against the Pure by how the two feel about Luna, and the gift that changes a werewolves physical sex is called Luna's Embrace, which makes a pretty clear case for Forsaken being accepting and the Pure not being so. Additionally, literally every Pure tribe is based on an archetypal xenophobic organization. The Fire-Touched are xenophobic evangelicals, the Ivory Claws are old fashion eugenicists, and the Predator Kings eco-terrorist. You can interpret and play them differently in specific cases but it seems quite a bit more likely to me that kind of people who gravitate towards the Pure would also be the kind of people who don't believe gendered violence is a real modern problem (or at least say they don't).

You seem to be misunderstanding a bit on like, how trans people identify themselves? So let me try to put this clearly. The phrasing "Physical male Uratha or Wolf-Blooded are accepted in to Lodge only if they have Luna’s Embrace Facet from Gift of Change – or similar Tell. " is very transphobic. Most trans women and trans feminine people do not consider themselves to be physically male in the way cis people often use this term, the requiring of a specific magical power to make the character fit into the cis idea of what a woman should look like physically is a strong parallel to the idea that a trans person must have certain surgeries before they can have their gender recognized and it is a heavily critiqued part of cisnormative culture. Having the requirement just be "Only woman can become part of this lodge" or "No men can be part of this lodge" is a much clearer and trans inclusive policy.

Regarding why the Blood Talons might be affiliated. The primary abusers, just due to population distribution, would be humanity. However, there certainly are werewolf abusers, and since Blood Talons consider werewolves their sacred prey it would make sense to me a small minority of the lodge would come from blood talons who specifically hunt abusive werewolves out of a sense of policing their own community. For an Iron Master to instead hunt abusive werewolves... well, it would make for a good tense story with local blood talons but probably not great to have as the default scenario.

Comment

Working...
              X