Lodge of Scrolls (2nd Edition) questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodge of Scrolls (2nd Edition) questions

I'm trying to update the Lodge of Scrolls to second edition for my Spanish setting.

I'm trying to reconcile the old script, in which they were recorders of writen lore of the Uratha with the new one from The Pack, in which they are more registers of general knowledge from humans (they could be of help, for instance, using legal documents of propiety against an enemy).

I'm tryng to develop their mechanical benefits:

Patron: 1st Edition said they had no Patron, but their writing stablished they had strong bonds wth a spirit called Ancient Knowledge, so I'll stablish that spirit as their Patron.

Blessing: I'm going with 1st edition blessing with some add-ups.
    +2 to any roll of research and Investigation, and the Informed Condition to any topic selected with the Lodge Lorehouse Merit.

Aspiration: Save and record any Uratha knowledge.

Ban: Allow or contribute to the destruction of any kind of knowledge.

Sacred Hunt: As The Pack says, "The Lodge of Scrolls hunt humans who arm themselves not with weaponry but with knowledge and influence, especially those who possess eldritch lore."
    But, which could be their mechanical benefits on the Sacred Hunt?

Tools: They can buy the Lodge Connections and the Lodge Lorehouse (1st dot always is Werewolves, the other ones could be any topic, even other supernaturals) Merits.

Thanks for your help.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Originally posted by Uxas View Post
    Sacred Hunt: As The Pack says, "The Lodge of Scrolls hunt humans who arm themselves not with weaponry but with knowledge and influence, especially those who possess eldritch lore."
    But, which could be their mechanical benefits on the Sacred Hunt?
    Maybe Sacred Hunt let them sense those humans? Like 'Sacred Hunt ritual let member to sense Mental, Social and Supernatural Merits at level 3+'? Merits are most often 'the weapon' of using Skills character normally have.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Nope, Werewolves already have a host of sensory abilities. Mages seem like a worthy prey.

Comment

There's a lot of powers that can be used to hinder the social influence abilities of targets, as well as avoid magical scrying. Like Sounds of the City and the various Evasion Gift Facets.

Plus Sacred Hunt powers tend to be pretty interesting.

One option might be the ability to designate a stalking horse, where abilities based on influence and magic, used remotely, will instead hit a target designated by the pack that must be present when the Sacred Hunt is called, though it would seem like a Success from the perspective of the one doing it.

I was thinking of something for an eclipse gift and it might work here. You could have it so that whenever influence or magic is used to find out information about the pack (or maybe just in general) while the Sacred Hunt is active, the werewolves get a warning, as well as 'reflected' information about whoever's using the influence or magic. So if the pack is hunting me and I start using my influence to dig up personal information about their leader, their leader gets personal information about me. Presumably when you know about this happening you could spend a point of Essence to shift the target as well, meaning the prey gets information about the wrong thing while I get the right information about them. There's bound to be an easier way to word it, mechanically, but it ties in with the access an ancient spirit of knowledge might have access to.

If that's too powerful just having something like, 'whenever they perform research or use their abilities to learn things, werewolves on the sacred hunt learn the same things.' Even if it isn't redirected at the target, knowing what they're knowing (or learning about) could be a big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Maybe Sacred Hunt let them sense those humans? Like 'Sacred Hunt ritual let member to sense Mental, Social and Supernatural Merits at level 3+'? Merits are most often 'the weapon' of using Skills character normally have.
          I thought something similar, but giving the Scribes the hability to cancel some of those Merits, but I remembered an Iron Masters Merit from corebook too similar, so I changed my mind. But thanks.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            One option might be the ability to designate a stalking horse, where abilities based on influence and magic, used remotely, will instead hit a target designated by the pack that must be present when the Sacred Hunt is called, though it would seem like a Success from the perspective of the one doing it.

I was thinking of something for an eclipse gift and it might work here. You could have it so that whenever influence or magic is used to find out information about the pack (or maybe just in general) while the Sacred Hunt is active, the werewolves get a warning, as well as 'reflected' information about whoever's using the influence or magic. So if the pack is hunting me and I start using my influence to dig up personal information about their leader, their leader gets personal information about me. Presumably when you know about this happening you could spend a point of Essence to shift the target as well, meaning the prey gets information about the wrong thing while I get the right information about them. There's bound to be an easier way to word it, mechanically, but it ties in with the access an ancient spirit of knowledge might have access to.
            I like it. A lot. But it depends too much on the prey doing something very specific (digging information about pack members. But I like it a lot. I'll use it but as a Rite of the Lodge (that can be used in conjunction with the Siskuh-dar benefit).

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            If that's too powerful just having something like, 'whenever they perform research or use their abilities to learn things, werewolves on the sacred hunt learn the same things.' Even if it isn't redirected at the target, knowing what they're knowing (or learning about) could be a big advantage.
            I'll use this one. I also like it a lot, but I think it's more appropiate as a Siskuh-Dar benefit. It's not as powerful as the other one, but it can be used in a more general way.

Thanks!

Comment

I can give some thoughts and notions on this, if you'd like.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                I can give some thoughts and notions on this, if you'd like.
                Of course I'd like. I'd be really grateful for this.

Comment

Working...
                X