No announcement yet.

Six Pups-A-Changing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creepy. I love them! Always nice to see more human hedge sorcerers as well!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Do beastmen have any kind of special power? Do they gain something from their change?

Comment

I'm going to have to uses for both Haruspex and beastmen for my werewolf hunting conspiracy (just imagine the zoos of former humans, being trained to track down an alert for the movement of their tormentors). Doppelgangers are cool, but they are definitely more of antagonists than protagonists- but I may find some uses for them :P Still, good work, as always.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Do beastmen have any kind of special power? Do they gain something from their change?
          ​Nope, unless you classify being a tormented human mind trapped in an animal's form as being a power.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Envoys of the Stillborn - Now we have 'Abyssal werewolves'!

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Envoys of the Stillborn - Now we have 'Abyssal werewolves'!

OMG, you're right! You got ninja'd, LostLight. Though that seems more "what could have been" then "a lie inimical to sane reality", but close enough

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

OMG, you're right! You got ninja'd, LostLight. Though that seems more "what could have been" then "a lie inimical to sane reality", but close enough
                you call it ninja'd, I call it "having Acorzatarim saves me work and effort".

Anyway, some thoughts about beastmen-

You know what could be cool? If, perhaps, while the beastman devolves into animal form, they somehow stumble/develop a Body Thief ability. Perhaps they learn the ritual before they completely lose their human form. Perhaps its happens just out of despair, as the beastman just yearns so much to become human more than they want to become themselves. They bite their victim, and their mind and soul leave the tormented body.. as their target falls into theirs. The trick? The curse doesn't care about the vessel- it is a product of the broken, tormented mind. Each time they steal a body, it is destined to become a beast, meaning that as they jump from one body to the other, they leave behind a trail of lost souls who became trapped in a body which is not their own. Who knows what would happen if they'll try to bite a werewolf- or worse, if they'll bite a doppelganger?

Other beastmen may choose other paths for salvation- there are rumors that at least one beastmen has managed to learn the Skin Thief ceremony. The creation of a talisman may be a problem for those completely devolved, but possible for those who are in the stages of the transformation. They are even able to retain their original form- but the problem is, of course, the fact that they need to skin humans to do so. As the curse constantly clash against the powers of the ceremony, the talisman can't be of the permanent kind. It always degrades- and even faster than it normally does. Some beastment skin thieves also turn to become grave robbers in order to gain access to permanent supply of corpses. Others choose.. different means.

Finally, we should remember that while the beastman's body has changed, their mind and soul are all the same. Vampires are known to make animals into ghouls- and some of them may even gift their vassals with the ability to shift and meld their form. Regular animals can't do much with those powers- but one with human intelligence may be able to regain their original form, using the right Devotions.. if they are willing to sacrifice their freedom to an undead monster. Mages, with their control over Life and Spirit, may at least temporary reverse or slow the devolving- but few mages do such magics for free, and who knows what would happen if the Abyss would contaminate the spell. But again, the soul of the beastman is still human, and as everyone know, the Awakening care only for the soul not the body. That story about the Awakened elephant in Astral Realms? He didn't always had four legs and a trunk.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Ok but why would someone think an elephant is a lowly animal worthy of contempt? Otherwise, awesome!

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                    Ok but why would someone think an elephant is a lowly animal worthy of contempt? Otherwise, awesome!
                    who am I to claim to understand the mysteries of the human mind? :P

but more seriously, the chances are that if that elephant is truly a beastman, they were devolved into another animal, Awakened after some time, and decided "screw being a human- I'm an elephant!" or something like that.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Cool stuff so far.

For the FIIIIIIIVE POOOOUUUUNDS OF MEAT! I kind of hope Acro just puts up, like, five photos of steak tartare that he made.
                      Now that the Five Pounds Of Meat thread is up, checking back in on this:

​I was tempted, but I couldn't afford steak for dinner :P

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                      As an inverse of the Orbitals and extension of the Tideborn do you think anything special would happen to those rare First Changes taking place literally under the sea (f anything)?
                      ​Not for any reason directly related to that of the Orbitals or Tideborn, but it's possible there might be other influences in the icy, crushing gut of Mother Ocean that could affect things.

​I mean, it is one of those 'good odds everyone dies' situations, but a werewolf who did manage to survive could well come up spiritually cored out by something just as ravenous as what lies beyond the Warden Moon's stride.

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

So why not make Tideborn as having +1 bonus to Breaking Points rolls? It would make them much more stable in changes - but it's also mean they would stick longer at wrong Harmony level. Plus and minus at once.
                        ​Eh, it doesn't really connect in very much to the metaphysical concepts that may be at work with the tide-born, I feel. For me, it felt better to give them a purely narrative element and let them stand as a comparison for the weirder shit.

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        It is a very interesting take. I could see a Sense8 style story very easily. Expect with Werewolves. Probably intentional.

If anyone is curious, Chicago, St Louis, New Orleans, Lafayette, Jackson, Memphis, Thunder Bay, most of the Yucatan, almost all of Guatemala, practically all of El Salvador, about half of Honduras, and all of the Galápagos Islands fall within the range of the 3:15 event. Minneapolis is literally right on the edge of the range. Nashville is a bit further out, but still close. Have fun!
                        ​I haven't seen Sense8 - is it any good?

​And yeah, it's an interesting strip of land around that meridian. Could also catch unfortunates who were out at sea in the area during the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

​I haven't seen Sense8 - is it any good?

​And yeah, it's an interesting strip of land around that meridian. Could also catch unfortunates who were out at sea in the area during the event.
                          I've actually only seen the first episode, but it is excellent. Very weird and sci-fi in a way that transfers to the occult very easily. My partner is obsessed with it and has binged it in about two weeks. And its pretty much exactly this concept.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                          X