Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    Fascinating.

At a glance, it seems only the Glory Facet deals with physical time, and the others with conceptual time. Fitting since Glory Facets in general are often the most blatant, and the Purity Facet implies that the spirit of the Gift lies in hamstringing the prey.
    just to note- the truth is, that there is no real difference between the two- think about "conceptual time" as "effective physical time". The time which is needed for the system to react to changes is a physical quantity which you can measure, and is, in fact, the "time difference" between it and other systems of reference, for time "effectively" flows slower in the said system.

In short, what werewolves play with is still Time- it is simply that their magic acts from within, instead of from without.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
      just to note- the truth is, that there is no real difference between the two- think about "conceptual time" as "effective physical time". The time which is needed for the system to react to changes is a physical quantity which you can measure, and is, in fact, the "time difference" between it and other systems of reference, for time "effectively" flows slower in the said system.

In short, what werewolves play with is still Time- it is simply that their magic acts from within, instead of from without.
      Meh, never intended to imply the Gift of Time not being “true” time magic or whatsoever.

And physics never was my forte

MtAw Homebrew:
      Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
      New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Meh, never intended to imply the Gift of Time not being “true” time magic or whatsoever.

And physics never was my forte
        Oh nor problem- I mean, seriously, I don't need a lot to trigger me to start writing about physics in the forums. The funny thing that practicing how to adapt real life scientific principles to the CofD actually helps me in my research. Funny how things work :P

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Acrozatarim Minor nit-pick: Out of Time's dramatic failure should perhaps afford 8 again (or another beneficial condition) to a related roll, since initiative itself doesn't uses dice tricks.

Comment

So... by chance did anybody do homebrew on the Gifts of Tides, Darkness, and/or Metal?

MtAw Homebrew:

Comment

I thought I did Darkness but when I checked it was an attempt at Eclipse.

Comment

So I have a relatively important question.
                What kind of spirit can even give the Gift of Time?

Comment

Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post

Certain celestial spirits, I suppose. The sun, the moon, and the stars were all associated with the passing of time in one way or another.

MtAw Homebrew:

Comment

Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
                    CLOCK SPIRITS. or like sundial or watch or even certain tech spirits that can tell the time depending. spirits of other less corporal things too, like lateness or worrying about the time or schedule. even spirits of like calanders or holidays depending on how you stretch it

Comment

Maybe a Spirit of procrastination for some facets?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Or just a Time spirit.

Comment

Certain celestial spirits, I suppose. The sun, the moon, and the stars were all associated with the passing of time in one way or another.
                          Should not Lunes be part Time spirits also? You know, they are spirits of Particular Phase of Moon, in the end.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Should not Lunes be part Time spirits also? You know, they are spirits of Particular Phase of Moon, in the end.
                            Um, that’s why I included ‘the moon’ up there...?

MtAw Homebrew:

Comment

Spirit of Moon is... Luna. Spirits of Phases of Moon are Lunes. They are not the same, as Lunes are servants of Luna - and are seen of day-to-day period by Uratha. Moon Goddess sighting is legendary event.

If Lunes are Time spirits - would Helions also? Moon Phases are much more connected to flow of time idea than the Sun hanging all day long on the sky.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                              LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Yeah, but from my understanding, good luck getting Gifts from a Helion

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                                X