Moon astronomical events impact on Uratha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon astronomical events impact on Uratha

We had at least two topics on Lunar Eclipses on werewolves - this and this - but I want to start topic on matter of varios special Moons events on Uratha. In night from January 31st to Febuary 1st we had SuperMoon - that you could see in this gallery.

How could this REALLY BIG Full Moon impact Rahu and other wolves around world? How would Blood Moon? Especially as both can be observed in diffrent locations.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Rahu feeling more energized, being born in First Changes. A lot locking themselves away to deal with their triggers. Werewolves scrambling for scholars to find out about the Suharrahu and Gishtahu Auspices. Certain spirits trying to grab onto them for various reasons, Pure bloodhunters looking over First Changes and seeing if they're worth bringing over.

Comment

-Nevermind

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I could haggard Rahu getting way more than 1 essence by gazing into it.

Comment

Just seeing the huge blood-red moon right now. I feel now we have an excellent excuse to update the Suharrahu and Gishtahu auspices. Maybe not as ‘full’ auspices, but something resembling the weird First Changes from Six Pups-A-Changing?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            Rahu feeling more energized, being born in First Changes.
            But what about other Auspices events? Are there some astronomical events for No Moons, Half Moons, etc.?

A lot locking themselves away to deal with their triggers.
            Hmm, maybe if other Auspice do not have proper astonomical events themeslves - maybe on general, many Uratha, Rahu or not, are having problems with wierd occurances of Triggers? Like any Forsaken can be 'blessed' by the Luna with Death Rage, even if their normal Triggers are not Moon related?

Werewolves scrambling for scholars to find out about the Suharrahu and Gishtahu Auspices. Certain spirits trying to grab onto them for various reasons, Pure bloodhunters looking over First Changes and seeing if they're worth bringing over.
            Suharrahu and Gishtahu are Lunar Eclipse Auspices, yes? In what book they were?
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-02-2018, 10:15 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              But what about other Auspices events? Are there some astronomical events for No Moons, Half Moons, etc.?
              Sure, but they're not necessarily predicated on real life astronomical events (look at the 3:15s) or are so unique you can't really label them. Blue Moons, Lunar Eclipses, and Blood Moons happen a lot, comparatively.

Hmm, maybe if other Auspice do not have proper astonomical events themeslves - maybe on general, many Uratha, Rahu or not, are having problems with wierd occurances of Triggers? Like any Forsaken can be 'blessed' by the Luna with Death Rage, even if their normal Triggers are not Moon related?
              You get Essence the first time you see your Auspice moon. You could taint that Essence with something and hand the werewolf a Condition. There's no need to force them into Death Rage, which they probably get enough of.

Another thing you can do is have lunes do things. Rather than a sweeping whammy because of the moon, you can have certain lunes, rarely seen, but related to the auspice come down and show off their power and strangeness. They could make demands, they could bestow strange powers or prophecies, be sought after to make pacts with. Lunes of rare events likely don't get a lot of play (they would likely stay dormant or quiet between events), so being able to anchor themselves to a pack would probably be a nice win for them. Obviously it's dangerous, but sometimes the risks are worth it, or the lune might just lie. It wouldn't even need to be a pack, it could become a personal totem for one of the rare werewolves born under its auspice.

Suharrahu and Gishtahu are Lunar Eclipse Auspices, yes? In what book they were?
              They're Lunar Eclipse and Blood Moon, respectively. They are detailed in Signs of the Moon. There's at least two more in there, Solar Eclipses and Stellar Eclipses.
              Last edited by nofather; 02-02-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I think we need to order what we will talk about in here. Luckly, New York Times created lately sum up of various 'Folklore Moons' and their meanings. Here is short list with simple explanations:
                • Supermoons - very big Full Moons. Maybe adding extra Essence for Rahu wolves?
                • Blood Moon - Moon in red colors, almost always it's Full Moon. Maybe doing easier to fall in the Death Rage then?
                • Blue Moon - it's just very odd second coming Full Moon in month or season, based on calendar dates. Maybe adding something more powerful to the typical Full Moon blessings?
                • Black Moon - it's second time we have New Moon in the month. Maybe bonuses for the Irraka Auspice blessings?
                • Harvest Moon - It is the closest Full Moon to the autumnal equinox. Folklore says that farmers would use the light of the harvest moon to collect their crops in the fall. The harvest moon appears in September and shines brightly for a few nights in a row. Following the harvest moon is the Hunter’s Moon, which is thought to have provided people with extra moonlight to seek out food.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

These are pretty weak events, especially considering they're likely to come up for one night. 'You get an extra point of Essence for seeing the moon' or having a penalty to death rage is barely worth noting, especially considering how easy Essence is to get and how easy it is to avoid death rage.

Comment

Indeed, and having your auspice moon in the sky again in the moon is enough of a blessing.

Comment

Another ideas attempt...
                      Blood Moon – Blood calls to blood. Any Forsaken Uratha first time this night seeing directly Blood Moon must roll on Basu-Im, beside their normal Triggers. Blood Moons are times were the Pure are afraid of Forsaken, not the other way around.

Black & Blue Moon – Irraka and Rahu, respectively, can use their Auspice Benefit second time in one chapter if corresponding Moon is over their heads.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Basu-Im isn't rolled, you either are triggered or not.

Comment

From WtF 2E corebook:
                          Originally posted by Page 104
                          BASU-IM: THE HARD RAGE
                          After a period of Wasu-Im, a raging Uratha falls to Basu-Im, the true Death Rage. He immediately shifts into Gauru form, and remains in that form for the time specified by his Primal Urge (see p. 93). This happens even if he has already taken Gauru earlier in the scene, and ignores the normal time limit on using the form.

While in Basu-Im, the werewolf ignores wound penalties, and any attempts to influence, intimidate, or otherwise change the Uratha’s course of action by mundane or supernatural means suffer twice the werewolf’s Primal Urge as a penalty. This is over and above any Supernatural Tolerance (p. 160) applied to supernatural powers.
                          So you are only partially right - you always need to go from Wasu-Im to Basu-Im, first. Which is strange, as I remember some rules stating you go straight to Basu-Im in some cases.

Well, for the Blood Moon idea, I think that making it seeing Blood Moon on the sky General Trigger for all Forsaken is more than enough. It's event that is once, twice a year - so going bold with it is in order. Very rare is seeing 4 Blood Moons in one year - and it's called Tetrad then. In 2018 we had one in January 31st and second one will be in 27th of July, for example. And in 2014-2015 we were seeing last Tetrad.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                            So you are only partially right - you always need to go from Wasu-Im to Basu-Im, first. Which is strange, as I remember some rules stating you go straight to Basu-Im in some cases.
                            Check out fifth dot of Relentless Assault.

Comment

What-If: A world were Luna was a bit closer to his/her children.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                              X