Two New Daggers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two New Daggers

Tricky one, this one! Hard to come up with some categories to vote between, and I'm feeling lazy, so... an open vote! You can post up an idea, or post your vote for someone else's idea. Top two ideas get a dagger write-up each. However, I will exercise the power of NO to suggestions that are too naff, annoying, awkward or boring, and generally you're better off going with a looser request or idea than a more specific one, as it'll give me a bit more freedom when it comes to the actual write-up.

​So... come up with ideas, and vote!

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Well this whole Christmas table has a sore lack of Idigam and I heard they're the chef's specialty?
    So...
    A knife themed/associated Idigam or something like that I guess?

Comment

I have two, but they are sort of similar.

One is inspired by a hint in the Toothcracker's write-up during Five Pounds of Meat. Simply, a dagger crafted from the tooth or claw of a Firstborn. Given freely, fallen, pried from the corpse of some ancient Shadow-Colossus or whatever. Could be a Forsaken or Pure Firstborn, or even one of the briefly mentioned ones in Sundered World or one never mentioned at all.

The second is similar in vein, and sort of inspired by the HAST/'Ur' write-up in the same day. It occurred to me that we know what omphalos stones are to mages but we don't know what they do for werewolves, if anything (and unofficially, even). Regardless, it's a dagger crafted from a part of a Pangaean's husk, or empowered by (or carved from) an omphalos stone. I'd actually prefer it if the Pangaean was linked to one of the hosts, if possible, even if it's an unofficial one like the Ukusgualu, but any is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

One is inspired by a hint in the Toothcracker's write-up during Five Pounds of Meat. Simply, a dagger crafted from the tooth or claw of a Firstborn. Given freely, fallen, pried from the corpse of some ancient Shadow-Colossus or whatever. Could be a Forsaken or Pure Firstborn, or even one of the briefly mentioned ones in Sundered World or one never mentioned at all.

The second is similar in vein, and sort of inspired by the HAST/'Ur' write-up in the same day. It occurred to me that we know what omphalos stones are to mages but we don't know what they do for werewolves, if anything (and unofficially, even). Regardless, it's a dagger crafted from a part of a Pangaean's husk, or empowered by (or carved from) an omphalos stone. I'd actually prefer it if the Pangaean was linked to one of the hosts, if possible, even if it's an unofficial one like the Ukusgualu, but any is fine.
        I Second The dagger made from an Pangaean idea!

Comment

I would like to see a dagger which is associated with the theme of eclipses, in one way or another? I don't know, when I think about which dagger to suggest, I can only see a blade with the colours of black, white, silver and gold, with a half black sun drawing and I keep seeing the words "forged by the moon, to cut the sun".

Damn synesthesia, what can I say?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

A idigam would be pretty awesome.
            Maybe about knives or blades in general?

Comment

Idigam and a knife made from a firstborn tooth sound great to me.

Comment

I'd like to propose:

A dagger crafted from a shard of the Gauntlet.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Mine's more a modification to existing ideas: The Two either are designed to work together, or strangely have some additional, unintensioned (side-)effect when used so.

If that is beyond the scope of the vote... count mine toward an Idigam Knife (moon-bound or earth-bound).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

A dagger made as a ritual implement rather than as a weapon would be neat, possibly as a specification for the above eclipse-themed or Gauntlet-shard knives.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

I like the dagger made from a first born's tooth idea.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

I'd vote for First Born's tooth and Gauntlet Shard.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Some ideas Per Tribe:

Blood Talons
                          Wolf Fang: A dagger that does one additional point of damage, it holds the target it strikes or pins him in the case it pierces flesh and also stabs a surface. The target must remove it in order to escape from its pinned place.

Bone Shadows
                          Wraith Claw: A dagger that makes the prey chill and look around for danger, but without noticing the dagger's bearer, till its too late.

Iron Masters
                          Niddle tip: A dagger that can never been found upon the bearer no matter how well you search him. It also allows the user to re flexively attack anyone who doesn't know he is armed with the fetish.

Storm Lords
                          Spark's Edge: A dagger that shocks the target it hits, giving him spasms (aka stun).

Hunters In Darkness
                          Shard Stabber: A dagger that automatically stabs the shard within a host, if the damage is enough to kill it the rest of its kind within the same body find a horrible death, It works only on hosts that have swarm shard inside them, but not in host monsters. If you give a host monster the final blow with the dager it will do kill the shard within. The knife does not work on shards that have already escaped their hosts.
                          Last edited by Story Letter; 02-11-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I vote for Gautlet-shard and eclipse.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

As a general matter, I'd love to see something connected to the gauntlet itself and what dwells between and inside. A dagger that cuts the membrane and allows a werewolf to explore (or bad things to escape) would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X