No announcement yet.

Two New Daggers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I upvoted my favorite option - Pangaean dagger, and encourage others to upvote theirs. The number of Likes is easier to parse than the growing web of crossreferenced posts.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

2 duplicitous hosts.
      1 azlu and 1 beshilu.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
      Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
      Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

I am obliged to two answers:

1) A gift that now may be a curse from Fox, Vermillion and Wise.
        2) A dagger made from a tooth of Father Wolf.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          One is inspired by a hint in the Toothcracker's write-up during Five Pounds of Meat. Simply, a dagger crafted from the tooth or claw of a Firstborn. Given freely, fallen, pried from the corpse of some ancient Shadow-Colossus or whatever. Could be a Forsaken or Pure Firstborn, or even one of the briefly mentioned ones in Sundered World or one never mentioned at all.

The second is similar in vein, and sort of inspired by the HAST/'Ur' write-up in the same day. It occurred to me that we know what omphalos stones are to mages but we don't know what they do for werewolves, if anything (and unofficially, even). Regardless, it's a dagger crafted from a part of a Pangaean's husk, or empowered by (or carved from) an omphalos stone. I'd actually prefer it if the Pangaean was linked to one of the hosts, if possible, even if it's an unofficial one like the Ukusgualu, but any is fine.
          I love both of these ideas, and am seconding them!

If I post any good ideas regarding house rules feel free to use them! Giving me credit is optional! All I want is people to have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

These would also be awesome!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

Number 2 gets my vote

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

I like the idea of a shard being made from a part of the Gauntlet, and a blade that can slice the Gauntlet, allowing the user (and possibly others) to enter the vestiges of the Border Marches. These might not be the same blade, and the latter could even be an artifact from the time before the Sundering that had some other effect on the Border Marches before its collapse.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

My suggestions are a little less ambitious than a lot of the others in this thread, I guess.

The first is kind of a last-ditch dagger. A blade that is used on oneself in desperate or hopeless situations as a last resort. What the effect would be, I'm not sure.

The second is a blade used by mortals (or a single mortal) to kill or hunt Uratha. Preferably with some connection to Helios (sun-dipped dagger?).

Comment

A dagger that tears a verge between the flesh and shadow

Comment

Blade Idigam would be nice. And maybe the tooth blade, as well?

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD.
                      As: Seth; Would-be shaman. Wildlife studies major. Wolfblood.

Comment

I vote for idigam and gauntlet shard

Comment

Pure Daggers
                          Ivory Claws
                          Liar's Bane: A dagger made for torturing, the user stabs the victim and makes a question, a lie makes the dagger twist inside the wound.

Fire Touched
                          Bale Cutter: A dagger that where it cuts, bad things inhabiting a body are extracted by force, be it poisons, diseases, spirits etc etc.

Predator Kings
                          Blade of Prey: A Dagger that never misses its target when thrown, if the user knows the name-taste-smell of the prey, the dagger will literally hunt the target even if in full cover, if the user has seen where the prey took hide.
                          Last edited by Story Letter; 02-11-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
                            My suggestions are a little less ambitious than a lot of the others in this thread, I guess.

The first is kind of a last-ditch dagger. A blade that is used on oneself in desperate or hopeless situations as a last resort. What the effect would be, I'm not sure.

The second is a blade used by mortals (or a single mortal) to kill or hunt Uratha. Preferably with some connection to Helios (sun-dipped dagger?).
                            Consider this my vote.

Comment

I'll close the vote some time tomorrow!

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Ok, so, vote now closed at last - and I think I've just about figured out which suggestions can be considered to have won the confusing mess that the thread ended up being too

​Will start work soon.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X