X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronger Totems

Hello!

I was reading the Pack and found this piece:

Totems can have Numina and Influence beyond their Rank limitations, up to the total number of dots the pack has invested in the Totem Merit.
    And it got me confused, so I wanted to use an example: If I have a Rank 3 Totem, (21 Totem Merit points):
    1. Can the Totem have an Influence higher than 3? If it can have Influence higher than its Rank, how big can it get?
    2. If the Totem can NOT have Influence higher than its Rank, does it mean it can have multiple Influences? Up to 21 total dots of Influence in this case?
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 02-11-2018, 02:31 AM.

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    If the Totem can NOT have Influence higher than its Rank, does it mean it can have multiple Influences? Up to 21 total dots of Influence in this case?
    I believe this is the case. It's fairly common for spirits to have varied Influences, but low Rank spirits with Influence 5 seems unlikely. You've probably gotten to the Pack part where you can see that they can buy more Influences, on the next page.

Comment

Hello!
      Hi!

Can the Totem have an Influence higher than 3?
      Yes.
      If it can have Influence higher than its Rank, how big can it get?
      5. It’s part of what makes being a totem attractive to spirits.

If the Totem can NOT have Influence higher than its Rank, does it mean it can have multiple Influences? Up to 21 total dots of Influence in this case?
      It can also have multiple Influences, up to 21 points worth in this case.

Note that ‘can have’ doesn’t equal ‘does have’. Your starting totem has no more Influences that its Rank. You can then purchase more with Experiences. In practice, this means that only the oldest totems that have chosen to concentrate on developing their Influences rather than increase their Attributes or Rank will get anywhere near this limit.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades
      The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Wow, this is wonderful news.

Comment

Thanks! A couple more questions:

3. If I have a healing Totem with Influence: Health 3; can it permanently cure people from wounds, disease or sickness? Because reading the duration table, it seems like this totem can cause healthy effects only temporarily... So a wound/sickness/disease would return after the influence effect ended.

4. Can a Totem exchange Numina for Influence dots? Or Numina for Manifestation Effects?
          Last edited by lbeaumanior; 02-11-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

3. Nope, those durations are for things that couldn't happen naturally, like sustaining a fire without fuel with Influence:Fire, it will last for that duration regardless. For things that are in essence natural changes, like healing wounds or a diesease (even things not normally possible like regrowing a member) the effects are permanent, the wounds wont open up or the disease reappears after a while.

4. Yes,same as any spirit.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Working...
            X