[2E] Mechanical advantages of Renowns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Mechanical advantages of Renowns

As Renown usage in 2E WtF is a bit all over the corebook, I would want you to point me ALL advantage for having dots in particular Renown. I probably missed something, so point me where:

1. Renowns let you earn and give Gift's Facets power level, in dot's numbers.
    2. Renowns are used to determine your Hunter Aspects when putting on your Prey.
    3. Sum of Renowns points your Honorary Rank in Shadow Realm hierarchy of spirits.
    4(?). I remeber from 1E that Renowns dots could be add to particular fitting Attribute + Skill rolls - but I could not find this rule in 2E WtF so I'm not sure it's still a thing.

Did I missed something? Is 4th point still a thing in 2E WtF rules?

My various Dark Eras fan stuff hub
    Byzantine Empire and Eastern Europe in Early Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquer of Paradise – Portugal and Spain and their conquests in XVI century
    My Hacks and Z-Splats for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E

Yo can flare it to gain extra successes equal to dots to the Skills related to them.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

I feel like half the posts wyrdhamster makes wouldn't be necessary if he'd read the specific corebook.

Hunter aspect are determined by Auspice, not renown. Item 4 isn't a thing, save you count clash of wills.

Comment

This could have been put into the earlier renown topic as well.

For Item 4: You might be thinking of Renown being added to Gift Facet rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
          Yo can flare it to gain extra successes equal to dots to the Skills related to them.
          Hmm, how this works? Where it's mentioned in 2E corebook?

My various Dark Eras fan stuff hub
          Byzantine Empire and Eastern Europe in Early Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
          Conquer of Paradise – Portugal and Spain and their conquests in XVI century
          My Hacks and Z-Splats for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E

Comment

Wyrd, buddy, I appreciate you, but Malus does have a point. The rules about flaring Renown are on p.99 just below the chart to determine Rank based on total dots, the relevant Conditions are at the end of the book. You could've just used the search engine of the pdf and type "Renown" or just go and read that section directly and you would have seen it by yourself. As a Storyteller that's been running a game for a while now you should have read those things. Everyone forgets things sometimes, but then that's easier solved by just opening the book and re-reading it.

EDIT: Plus we have the "Ask a simple question" thread for these kind of things. There's no need to create half a dozen new threads everytime you have a doubt, it just floods the forum unnecesarily. As I said, I do appreciate you, but you have to try to change that, buddy
            Last edited by Thorbes; 02-12-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

He doesn't posts in the Ask a Simple Question thread cuz he hasn't subscribed to it, thus he doesn't gets notifications when he gets a reply; unlike he does when his threads get answers.

Comment

Thing is, he do does post there too.

Comment

And you automatically subscribe to threads you post to (by default; might be an option to change that).

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Working...
                  X