Information on Planetary Spirits.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Planetary Spirits.

A mage player wanders into the wolves den, fingers crossed he won't be devoured.

So I am currently playing a Mage who is looking to join the Thrice-Great legacy. This cult of Spirit-users are supposed to have a close working relationship with Planetary Spirits, but unfortunately the Mage supplements seem to have little real information about them. I was hoping the wise minds here might be able to point me towards any Werewolf products that might have some information I can use.

Thanks for your time!

I can’t think of anything beside that brief bit in the Thrice-Great writeup.

If you want some inspirational material that won’t fit Awakening canon but could still give you some good ideas, you might want to check out “Rage Across the Heavens” for Werewolf the Apocalypse.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Yes it's never been explored.

You can read about what spirits are like primarily in books like Predators, or the Book of Spirits. Couple that foundation with the concepts applied to the planets (keep in mind it won't be anything like the Roman gods), it would take some work but then you got it.

You might be able to ask a mage or werewolf writer to write-up a spirit of another planet, or at least their royal avatar, since the spirit of the planet itself would be 'ST Fiat, the character sheet.' I'm sure a poster or two might be willing as well.
      Last edited by nofather; 02-14-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Well, Luna and Helios are mostly mentioned in Werewolf lore, if you look for them, even in WtF 2E corebook. Gaea is, in theory, possible WHOLE OF EARTH SHADOW REALM, as her manifestation! ( It's mentioned in Book of Spirits, 1E 'black book' on Shadow Realm ). Mars is possible candidate as to Uratha race Father from Forsaken by Rome Dark Eras Companion. But nothing more than few lore infos on those. Most we have on Luna in Lore of Forsaken book.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-16-2018, 10:23 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What I first thought when reading topic name about PLANETARY Spirits.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'm really hoping that whoever writes the Golden Age of Sci-fi era does something with planetary and celestial spirits.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I'd treat manifestations of planetary concepts not as spiritual things but as astral conceptual entities. Less about what the actual spirits literally represent, more about what values we assign to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                I'd treat manifestations of planetary concepts not as spiritual things but as astral conceptual entities. Less about what the actual spirits literally represent, more about what values we assign to them.
                That's the case with all high Ranking spirits. The scale starts out with concrete but limited spirits, and continues with wider and more conceptual spirits. Some are still tied to physical objects (buildings, landmarks, cities), but in those cases have Influences based on concepts relating to their "base".

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

That's the case with all high Ranking spirits. The scale starts out with concrete but limited spirits, and continues with wider and more conceptual spirits. Some are still tied to physical objects (buildings, landmarks, cities), but in those cases have Influences based on concepts relating to their "base".
                  It's highly unlikely that the literal spirit of Mars has any diet of human infused conceptual essence, IMHO.

Comment

Yes. Just like the shifting moon or burning sun.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                    X