Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And A Trophy Made From My Enemies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aha. Somehow I missed these last year?!?

    First a comment and then a question:
    These are both powerful pieces of writing. And I think the common point is the inclusion of a trophy. Unlike other antagonist descriptions that are ongoing threats you can with difficulty imagine overcoming, these are provided with a metaphorical tombstone. It may not be realized yet in your game, but their passing is already provided for and thus more real.

    And that's potent stuff--whether it's a sociopathic INTJ or Ariadne. Ariadne is-- is haunting. Even a fragment (shard!) of her story is enough to hook and draw out the desire to help her--untangle the god-trap she's in and let her be free of the monster. It's no wonder she's had success finding a string of loves... the kind of real trouble she's in draws a certain gentlemanly type in like flame to moths.

    So here's the question: how old is Ariadne, really? Did you, Acrozatarim, intend for her to be the mythical Ariadne? Or just mimic the name as her "joke"? What's your headcanon on the matter? Was she already Queen of the Azlu when left lingering on a beach in Naxos 3200 years ago? Or was that the human precursor, or seed, from which the journey of apotheosis began?


    Thanks!
    --Khanwulf

    Comment


    • Hey,Chris. do you think it would be in character for Ariadnne to joing any of the Sworn from the Contagion Chronicle? especially if one those factions could find a way to help her?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post

        So here's the question: how old is Ariadne, really? Did you, Acrozatarim, intend for her to be the mythical Ariadne? Or just mimic the name as her "joke"? What's your headcanon on the matter? Was she already Queen of the Azlu when left lingering on a beach in Naxos 3200 years ago? Or was that the human precursor, or seed, from which the journey of apotheosis began?


        Thanks!
        --Khanwulf
        I deliberately left it open and undecided, but I suspect she experienced something that perhaps mirrors some of the mythical Ariadne's story.

        She probably wasn't a near-avatar of the Hag 3200 years ago, though - likely less powerful than she is now.

        Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        Hey,Chris. do you think it would be in character for Ariadnne to joing any of the Sworn from the Contagion Chronicle? especially if one those factions could find a way to help her?
        Hard to say. She's pretty damn risky for most of the Sworn to deal with - she's a ticking time bomb that can turn into the demonic manifestation of an ancient horror. For her part, any Sworn groups who are taking a more scientific approach and might be able to claw some useful info about the nature of reality from their Contagion-related efforts might be of interest to her, as the potential source of knowledge she could use to influence or sever her connection to the greater protocols of the Spinner Hag.


        - Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

        ‚ÄčLike my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

          I deliberately left it open and undecided, but I suspect she experienced something that perhaps mirrors some of the mythical Ariadne's story.

          She probably wasn't a near-avatar of the Hag 3200 years ago, though - likely less powerful than she is now.
          Thanks Chris!

          Here's a follow-up question raised by the trophy: are these stones the actual person that they came from (like Bull, or Ariadne), or are they the spiritual distillation of what they were about? Could you, say, take a stone and use it to resurrect the semi-spiritual entity whose core it represents?

          This is, I think, the first instance mentioned of a stone originating from anything but an actual, full pangaean.


          --Khanwulf

          Comment

          Working...
          X