How to describe Hisil's Wounds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to describe Hisil's Wounds?

My players are exploring local Wounds in rural part of our setting ( outskirts of Uppsala in Sweden ). I just do not have some good idea that do not seem weird in rural parts. Most of the time I go for Wounds as the Silent Hill's Otherworld vibe in urban areas - but rusted cages and floating meat on the ancient rocks and trees just seem off, not scary or unnerving.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    My players are exploring local Wounds in rural part of our setting ( outskirts of Uppsala in Sweden ). I just do not have some good idea that do not seem weird in rural parts. Most of the time I go for Wounds as the Silent Hill's Otherworld vibe in urban areas - but rusted cages and floating meat on the ancient rocks and trees just seem off, not scary or unnerving.
    What is the nature of the Wound? I'm sure you can exaggerate and slant natural features with the Resonance of the Wound. This is for your Werewolf game with Bale Hounds, right? Pick a Maeljiin and cast everything in the light of its domain (like for Thurifuge, everything being subtly jagged and sharp, and Spirits brutalizing each other just for the sadism of it - as opposed to feeding).

You can also slap an Environmental Condition on the whole area. Like a Tilt, but less immediate effects, and more "behave this way, and get a Beat when you do this" that applies to everything in the area.
    Last edited by Vent0; 02-23-2018, 04:11 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Which Maeljin/Maeltinent rules over the wound? Which sin is it keyed to?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
        Which Maeljin/Maeltinent rules over the wound? Which sin is it keyed to?
        All of them? It's secret headquater of one Black Spiral Dancer - as of mine fan take on Lodge - that are 'super Bale Hounds' in that she worship ALL of Maeljins. What can help she is styling herself as incarnation of goddes Hel, daugther of Loki, and want's to bring very literal Ragnarok to the region.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Was Uppsala a site for every type of atrocity conceivable? That's a bit too much to fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
            Was Uppsala a site for every type of atrocity conceivable? That's a bit too much to fathom.
            It's not the proper Uppsala - just 'dark cave', near the settelment. Think Maeljinn cultists secret meeting place, few miles from the city proper.

Now thinking about it - going with Hela's impersination of Bale Hound I have in mind - would becoming area more like Helheim being in tune with Wound description? More cold and chilling than truly astroctious? On the other hand - it's much more sounds as Hisil's Sheol, not Wound...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

All of them? It's secret headquater of one Black Spiral Dancer - as of mine fan take on Lodge - that are 'super Bale Hounds' in that she worship ALL of Maeljins. What can help she is styling herself as incarnation of goddes Hel, daugther of Loki, and want's to bring very literal Ragnarok to the region.

Sounds like the overarching sin then is Pride. Focus on motifs and themes around that.

Comment

How do you show Pride as sin in the rural Dark Cave? I'm really blank here...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

How do you show Pride as sin in the rural Dark Cave? I'm really blank here...
                  Pride has nothing to do with cities or civilization. Go raw and primal, if not exactly primitive. Trophies (nasty ones), remains of defeated enemies, cave paintings that depict the glory of the Maeljin, the victories (real or not) of the Bale Hounds over Uratha and Pure and their dark gods exalting their leader as the harbinger of Ragnarok, with a crown made of giant wolf's teeth and some regalia. Choir of spirits chanting hyms in mind-breaking glossolalia from the darkness of the cave, only the eyes showing.

Spice that with some Hel imagery like a Garm that resembles a cross between a wolf and a hellhound and, say, a Naglfar sailing over a sea of blood and silver, and you're good to go. Make clear that, as far as the local Shadow is concerned, this is where the Ragnarok starts, in all its apocalyptic glory. Spirits are on board with that or hide waiting for the end.

Conditions, Tilts, and rolls for resisting mind tricks are a given for a Wound like this.

The Dancers themselves and Apocalypse got dark, cave-dwelling, pride covered, Wyrd. Considering these wolves are already a fan take of them, you might as well steal some more from them (not that there's anything wrong with that)
                  Last edited by Cinder; 02-25-2018, 03:30 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                  X