No announcement yet.

Forsaken February - Heralds of the Firstborn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I'm bitter or anything, but isn't Death Wolf's trademark that they appear as just a lone wolf? Deliberately unremarkable.

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Giveing that explanation they sound like anime charters
    Well, they're archetypes, that's a pretty common trope in anime.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Not that I'm bitter or anything, but isn't Death Wolf's trademark that they appear as just a lone wolf? Deliberately unremarkable.
      Yeah, likely a consequence of her more esoteric hunt. She was apparently the last and most reluctant totem, as well, and the last to be bound until she was summoned by shamans who had scoured the Hisil for methods to call her out. One of the few to be called out in the feminine, too. I'm pretty sure they are either genderless or fluid but Death Wolf is usually referred to as a female wolf.

She also doesn't seem to like werewolves much. Not that she hates them but some of the other totems seem happy (or as close as beings of such alien vastness get) to be with them.
      Last edited by nofather; 02-28-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

That’s just like a anime girl

Comment

I heard death wolf liked red wolf kinda of like when a puppy tries to cuddle witch a old dog and the dog tries to resist at first but then warms up and let’s them cuddle

Comment

E) Winter Wolf

You are just amazing, pure and simple. (And I'm low-key hyped for Anshega April already. ><)

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD.
            As: Seth; Would-be shaman. Wildlife studies major. Wolfblood.

Comment

Why do lots of people like winter wolf?

Comment

Well, I like him for his weather symbolism, as well as being patron of one of my two favored forsaken tribes. But that's just personal reasons.

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD.
                As: Seth; Would-be shaman. Wildlife studies major. Wolfblood.

Comment

Yes, he might have brought about an ice age and the promise of one that may end the world. So there's that.

Death Wolf and Winter Wolf seem to have the more 'epic' background stories in the second edition core, as well. With Seeking Wolf becoming Death Wolf and Winter Wolf's potential destruction of the world.
                  Last edited by nofather; 03-01-2018, 12:03 AM. Reason: Interesting wasn't the right word they all are.

Comment

I vote E, for Winter Wolf. Not only it's one of most interesting Firstborns for me - but if any of Firstborns would sends it's Herald to the PCs pack - it would be Winter Wolf. Not to mention I literally used his visitations as 'here you got Forsaken Tribes on the total middle of nowhere' for PCs I run in my Werewolf games. Winter Wolf is cool ( ) and diplomatic enough to use Heralds to push his little agenda to remaking Ghost Wolves werewolves into his pet Tribes of Moon. And we right now in Poland has true Winter attack - so I can see on my own eyes what power this Firstborn can command.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Why do some people like rabid wolf

Comment

Some people root for the underdog.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

I'm not completely sure I'd consider the patron of the largest Tribe as the underdog

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Why do some people like rabid wolf
                            Because Rabid Wolf is fascinating, contradictory figure. He drives his followers to despise falsehoods, but his idea of truth is a mockery of the real thing. He's also physically weak and literally sick, but is a patron of a powerful Tribe. Many people find learning about such a twisted mentality very engaging.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

That’s just like a anime girl
                              Have you heard about the Mesopotamian goddess - Inanna? She had a habit of bringing ruin upon men she fancied. When rejected by Gilgamesh she threated to break the Underworld open and later she set a monster upon the land. She's a Yandere thousands of years before Japan even came to be.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post

Because Rabid Wolf is fascinating, contradictory figure. He drives his followers to despise falsehoods, but his idea of truth is a mockery of the real thing. He's also physically weak and literally sick, but is a patron of a powerful Tribe. Many people find learning about such a twisted mentality very engaging.
                                Spot on, at least for what concerns me. I like its contradictions and the way its sickness of body and mind don't diminish its importance. Plus the fact that the other Pure patrons are good candidates for the roles of "biggest baddest wolf" and "purest wolf" and yet the broken one is the Firstborn leading the largest Tribe.

And I have a weak spot for tormented things that keep going no matter what, but that's me.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                                X