No announcement yet.

Of Firstborns Less Told [Brainstorming]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khanwulf, am I getting it right - Mother Wolf was only one of MANY Lords of Boundaries and Hunt, and King Lion, Khan Tiger and Mad Lord Jaguar are her equals - or different emanations of the same Pangean? I.E. Are they all Royal Avatars of the same being?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      Khanwulf, am I getting it right - Mother Wolf was only one of MANY Lords of Boundaries and Hunt, and King Lion, Khan Tiger and Mad Lord Jaguar are her equals - or different emanations of the same Pangean? I.E. Are they all Royal Avatars of the same being?

That would entirely depend on whom you ask.

I mean that quite literally.

---

My intent for ... a few years now... has been to come to a plausible re-visioning of at least the Bastet from Changing Breeds. For 2e. To do that you need a mythology or several, vague enough that it can be interpreted as needed from different perspectives. So if you ask a Lion-Clan shape-changer they tell you all about how great their dude is/was. If you ask wolves they'll say these guys smell like weird wolves who got too close to cats or lions or whatnot, and muse about hunting them.

So basically there can be a whole constellation of predatory animal-shifters who quite purposefully avoid wolves because they are presently the big dogs. And act like A-holes. Spirits are their allies in more of the way that they are to the Pure, because it's the forsaken in particular who've taken up Father Wolf's boundary policing obligations. So spirits are less likely to rat out other shifters and may have a web of ancient promises and obligations to fall back on.

Meanwhile, the Cat Must Know.

--Khanwulf

Comment

I have several more for you guys from this alternate reality Tribe project of mine ( which one day may be fleshed out like my Fang-Shapers.. in the next five to six fucking years xD)

——-
        Forsaken Totems:

Gazing Wolf- The Tribal Totem of the Dream Wardens Tribe, Lucid Wolf’s chosen hunt the most elusive and possibly most dangerous game: those entities that prey upon the mind and manipulate dreams. Spirits of dreams, Mastigos Mages, Changelings, Beasts- whatever creature that tampers with the sleeping mind is fair game.

Luna is the font of prophecy through dreams, the agendas of lesser creatures pollute and undermine her dominion.

More Flesh minded or compassionate Uratha hunt these things due to a desire to protect those they love from such parasitism.

Restless Wolf- the tribal Totem for the Border Howlers Tribe, those who serve Restless Wolf are perhaps the most dedicated to honoring Urfarah out of all the Forsaken, as their Totem has taken the stability of the Gauntlet to be her utmost responsibility.

Any who violate or cross the Gauntlet ( barring other Forsaken, usually) are the Sacred Prey of the Tribe, and they have a reputation of pursuing such offenders quite rabidly.

Pure Totems:

Chaser of Rain, or Squall Wolf- The tribal Totem of the Storm Riders Tribe, the faithful of Squall Wolf are in many ways the antithesis to the Border Howlers, as they wish to do away with the Gauntlet, in fact they wish to destroy anything and everything that would serve to constrain the Shadow . They worship the chaotic nature of the Hisil, and despise the stagnant, decaying structure of the human dominated physical world, and wish merge the two realms again in order to “ fix” the world

Comment

Working...
        X