Breaking points Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking points Question

Can an Uratha fail a breaking point roll voluntarily ?

Originally posted by Warriorshaman View Post
    Can an Uratha fail a breaking point roll voluntarily ?

I would make this a ST preference. I don't allow for voluntary Breaking Points because of the way Harmony works, but your ST might

Comment

Because Harmony is a balance rather than a scale, no. You can get benefits from failing a breaking point as a werewolf rather than a vampire for example as it only gets worse.

Comment

This is an interesting question because I don't see anything in the rules that say you can't. It is actually pretty easy to sabotage your own Harmony by creating easily disposed of Touchstones. Losing a Touchstone is a automatic Harmony adjustment, no breaking point roll needed.

So I think I will err on the side of allowing voluntary breaking point fail, but I would want something in return, I would require the player take a Condition of my choice that he has to deal with for the rest of the Chapter (or longer). That will encourage some role-playing of the paradigm shift of a Harmony change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post
          This is an interesting question because I don't see anything in the rules that say you can't.
          There's also nothing in the rules that says you can voluntarily fail any kind of roll, Harmony or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
            There's also nothing in the rules that says you can voluntarily fail any kind of roll, Harmony or otherwise.
            Well this is what I get for posting while coffee free. You can choose to dramatically fail a failure (that;s what I was thinking of), but you still have to roll the failure.

Comment

In fact, in the Demon sub-forum it was once discussed and the Dev specifically said you shouldn't allow intentionally failing an Embed roll to get its failure effect. He went on to point out that if you want to actively do a thing, then you should make a new power that actively rolls for what you do want to do. I stand by that for all things in ChroD.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Working...
              X