Mystified Condition question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystified Condition question.

The hunter's aspect is really nice. However, I try to wrap my head around how it work.

Well, I know how to activate it, its really simple. However, the mystified condition confuse me.

Lets see: "Substract the current Gauntlet rating from 6. That number's act as a penalty to all of your character's mental action. Reason: You find solace only in the gauntlet. Ok. Let see if I understand. I do that on a human target in a city suburb. The Gauntlet strength is 4. So 6-4 = 2. So my target would take a penalty of 2 on all mental rolls right ? So, the more the gauntlet is easier to breach, the more the penalty is heavy ?

Lets see something else: If used on a spirit, it work in reverse. Substract the gauntlet modifier from all action. The spirit becomes afraid of the human world. Dense Urban area is -3. So the spirit takes -3 in all rolls ? But if I do that in a locus ? Locus is +2. Does the spirit gain a bonus of +2 to act ? Seems counter productive. Since it is suppose to be a penalty, do I substract -2 ? Do I simply ignore the +2 since it is suppose to be a penalty, and since there are none, no modifier is factored ?

Do I understand the mystified condition correctly ?

For humans, yes. Shuck him at a locus, where the gauntlet is 1 and he'll take a -5 to mental actions, perception included.

For the spirit at a locus, ignore the bonus if they're at a locus (They'd become immaterial there anyway). But hey, it's not like you can't Spirit Howl them out of there.

Comment

This confuses me as well. If the spirit becomes afraid of the human world, why does the penalty increase the stronger the Gauntlet is? In my mind, a stronger Gauntlet would mean less chance of the worlds interfering with each other, hence the spirit would get less penalties.

The 'e' is omitted on purpose and for stylistc reasons... I promise.

Comment

The spirits are afraid of "the human world" rather than the Flesh, and a stronger Gauntlet is generally (but not always, especially not with the multitude of powers that can artificially increase the Gauntlet) a direct consequence of human settlement.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
        X