Most spellcaster-like Lodge? New to Werewolf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most spellcaster-like Lodge? New to Werewolf

I'm new to Werewolf, and trying to make a character that is as spellcaster-like as possible. I looked through the Codex list and came up with a few possibilities, but since I'm new I would welcome the insight of those that have played. Here is what I have:
    Cult of Bones
    Lodge of the Modernist
    Lodge of the Storm's Eye
    Lodge of Prophecy
    Lodge of Seasons
    Lodge of Winter

​What are your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Mal

It may help to know what criteria you're using for "spellcaster-like" and also whether you're using 1e or 2e, before any advice is put forward.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

The Storm's Eye would probably be most appealing to me, but I think at a certain point the only way to get 'more' spellcaster-like is to role-play it. Some can be done via mechanics, though, buying up lots of rites and having your character seek out more, as well as Gifts and other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
        It may help to know what criteria you're using for "spellcaster-like" and also whether you're using 1e or 2e, before any advice is put forward.
        I guess its the non-physical means of attack/defense, seer/prophecy stuff, mental control, magical means of stealth, maybe throwing around lightning bolts. Using Rituals and Gifts that have an effect on the environment or others that don't necessarily buff me in a physical way.

Suggestions and reason appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Mal

Comment

Which edition though?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Forsaken 2 I guess, but I could be given flexibility for other editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Malleable View Post

I guess its the non-physical means of attack/defense, seer/prophecy stuff, mental control, magical means of stealth, maybe throwing around lightning bolts. Using Rituals and Gifts that have an effect on the environment or others that don't necessarily buff me in a physical way.

Suggestions and reason appreciated.
              Thanks,
              Mal
              Cahalith with the Gifts of:
              • Dominance (for almost mind-control)
              • Elements (Influences in the 4 Classical Elements)
              • Insight (seer-like effects)
              • Knowledge (same)
              • Nature (for a more druidly take)
              • Shaping (transformations and object destruction)
              • Stealth (for... stealth)
              • Technology (for a more Technomancer take)
              • Warding (magical area control)
              • Weather (environmental effects)
              Cahaliths get prophetic dreams. You might also want to invest in various Rites, but especially the Fetish Rite. With that, you can bind Spirits into all sorts of Fetishes, for "magic items", and especially ones that can alter what other Gift Facets do to cover any holes you want.

As for Tribe, Bone Shadows seem especially Shamanistic, and get a proprietary Rite that lets them bottle Spirits.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
              X