Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How quicker are Urshul and Urhan compare to Hishu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How quicker are Urshul and Urhan compare to Hishu?

I ask here on rather long term runs. I know that Urshul has over 150% of Hishu Speed trait, and Urhan has about 130% of it - but I ask here how long Wolf and Near-Wolf Forms can ran in a day. I did not found answers in 2E corebook and Blood of Wolf so made some Internet research and this topic.

Typical human can walk for about 6 miles / 10 kilometers a day. Real athletes can get to the point of 20 miles ( 32 km ) in a day, 30 miles (48 km ) with no stops.

And this are Wolf data from this Wolf FAQ site:

How fast can wolves run? Wolves will travel for long distances by trotting at about five miles per hour. They can run at speeds of 36 to 38 miles ( 61 km ) per hour for short bursts while chasing prey. Although bursts of maximum speed are relatively short, wolves can maintain pursuit of running prey animals for long distances and over rough terrain.

How far can wolves travel? Wolves are hunters, and they travel far and wide to locate prey. They may travel 50 miles ( 80 kilometers ) or more each day in search of food, and they are superbly designed for a life on the move. Because their elbows turn inward, their lean bodies are precisely balanced over their large feet. With their long legs and ground-eating stride, they can travel tirelessly for hours on end with no energy wasted. Dispersing wolves, those leaving packs in search of their own mates, have been known to travel hundreds of miles away from their home territory. Satellite and Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) collars allow researchers to document the truly remarkable travels of wolves.

So if wolves can travel easily 2-3 times more than long distance humans with 130% Speed trait - is that mean that Urshul can go into area of running 5-6 times more than humans with 150% Speed trait?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-06-2018, 12:01 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Urhan is actually far faster than Urshul if you factor Chase Down.

Comment

Edit: Doublepost

Comment

To contrast, typical horse real speeds are: A horse's speed depends on gait - Walk: 4 mph, Trot 8 to 12 mph, Canter 12 to 15 mph, Gallop 25 to 30 mph
        A typical horse may be comfortable walking for eight hours, meaning horse could easily cover 32 miles in a day.

In sum up, horse can make ( more or less ) twice as much as athlete human in a day, and wolves can make twice as much as horses.

LGBT+ in CoD games
        Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
        Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
        Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
        My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

That's in terms of speed, sure, but in terms of endurance, a human can outlast both. It's how we tamed both.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
            That's in terms of speed, sure, but in terms of endurance, a human can outlast both. It's how we tamed both.
            Indeed, ​wyrdhamster - look up Persistence Hunting. Slow and Steady does win out over long enough races.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
            X