No announcement yet.

Seeking Salvation - Lodge of the Saviour 2e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking on the Lodge - I run Dark Eras game in year 800 A. D. where PCs Pack is traveling to Constantinopole. Would there be Lodge of Saviour already in Byzantium? Would it work closely with Lodge of Cross? How old is Lodge of Saviour, in the end? Is it old as Christanity? Or more like old like Lancea Sanctum - about 2 centuries later from Jesus?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-07-2018, 11:18 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Tinkering NPC for my modern Sweden game - What would by typical Tribes of the members in Lodge of Saviour? I think for NPC to be Rahu ex-soldier who lost his all Pack to Bale Hounds. He then return to the faith of his fathers, return to Church of Sweden - and joined Lodge of Saviour. From soldier he becomes pastor of the Church - and now roam Sweden, looking for the Wound taints. As he do not want to see another defeat in his fight - and losing next Pack - he would join now Storm Lords, to 'not show any weakness', from now on?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

That's a very good fit in my opinion, rahu so already has a feel as a crusader, returns to faith due to tragedy, gets heavily invested, and now seems to restore purity to the world, destroying wounds.

And being a stormlord helps even more due to showing no weakness against the odds and can see spirit claimed as a grave violation against humanity, as the human body is seen as made in God's image

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          Tinkering NPC for my modern Sweden game - What would by typical Tribes of the members in Lodge of Saviour? I think for NPC to be Rahu ex-soldier who lost his all Pack to Bale Hounds. He then return to the faith of his fathers, return to Church of Sweden - and joined Lodge of Saviour. From soldier he becomes pastor of the Church - and now roam Sweden, looking for the Wound taints. As he do not want to see another defeat in his fight - and losing next Pack - he would join now Storm Lords, to 'not show any weakness', from now on?
          Uh... with that kind of backstory, wouldn’t it be more natural for his Tribe be based on his time before joining the Lodge? But Iminir sound a good choice.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Preparing new players PC and my NPCs for his backstory, we come to interesting problem with this Lodge - How adherents for Lodge of Savior define Wolf, Moon and Firstborns in their viewpoints?

There are two, a bit contradicting models in Lodges: The Faithul book. First is from Lodge of Solvation ( in intro fiction ):

'He was suffused with a powerful faith in Father Wolf, Mother Luna and the Holy Ghost, and it was that faith that set him on his path.'

And there is direct quote from Lodge of Savior write-up:

'Of course, reverence for Luna and Urfarah is no blasphemy considering the Lord made all things of flesh and spirit. Deities such as Mother Moon and Father Wolf are obviously lesser beings than the Lord (as is even Gaea, the world-spirit, if it truly exists) but these spirits are still important to a werewolf’s life and cannot be ignored. Many Redeemers believe that Luna is something akin to the “patron saint” of the People, and is honored accordingly. It’s a delicate balance between faithful Christian and territorial werewolf, but the two lives can be brought into harmony by the truly dedicated.'

Maybe I'm wyrd ( ) here ( or raised as Catholic ), but to me belief in 'Father Wolf, Mother Luna and Holy Ghost' works much better as werewolves version of Christianity than simply saying 'Luna is patron saint of People' and that's all.

If we assume 'Trinity interpretation' - With Father Wolf, Mother Luna and Holy Ghost - then Firstborns become akin to 'wolf-apostles' of the God.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Preparing new players PC and my NPCs for his backstory, we come to interesting problem with this Lodge - How adherents for Lodge of Savior define Wolf, Moon and Firstborns in their viewpoints?

There are two, a bit contradicting models in Lodges: The Faithul book. First is from Lodge of Solvation ( in intro fiction ):

'He was suffused with a powerful faith in Father Wolf, Mother Luna and the Holy Ghost, and it was that faith that set him on his path.'

And there is direct quote from Lodge of Savior write-up:

'Of course, reverence for Luna and Urfarah is no blasphemy considering the Lord made all things of flesh and spirit. Deities such as Mother Moon and Father Wolf are obviously lesser beings than the Lord (as is even Gaea, the world-spirit, if it truly exists) but these spirits are still important to a werewolf’s life and cannot be ignored. Many Redeemers believe that Luna is something akin to the “patron saint” of the People, and is honored accordingly. It’s a delicate balance between faithful Christian and territorial werewolf, but the two lives can be brought into harmony by the truly dedicated.'

Maybe I'm wyrd ( ) here ( or raised as Catholic ), but to me belief in 'Father Wolf, Mother Luna and Holy Ghost' works much better as werewolves version of Christianity than simply saying 'Luna is patron saint of People' and that's all.

If we assume 'Trinity interpretation' - With Father Wolf, Mother Luna and Holy Ghost - then Firstborns become akin to 'wolf-apostles' of the God.
              I prefer it the opposite way. I find it more interesting because its weird as far as Werewolves go. A character struggling to reconcile their faith in their human religion with the Animist reality they live every day is more compelling to me than Christianity, but God's a wolf.

Comment

Working...
              X