[2E] Uratha and Ghosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Uratha and Ghosts

So we are after Geist 2E rules preview from Kickstarter of it - and I prepare scene in that I may use ghosts as secondary antagonists - let's talk about topic of werewolves interactions with restless dead. Most of them are, obviously, imposed by the Bone Shadows Siskur-Dah effect and Berghest Facet from Gift of Death. Are there other way for Uratha to interact with dead? New rules on 2E ghosts from GtSE 2E somehow limit things? Is there a way for non-Bone Shadows blessed wolves to see ghosts in Twilight?

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    Is there a way for non-Bone Shadows blessed wolves to see ghosts in Twilight?
    There's the Barghest gift. There's not multiple Gifts that let you see ghosts in Twilight, though. You can set up a warding gift to detect ghosts that enter a certain area. A fetish or rite could do it.

Comment

Invent a Rite for it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

But I got it right - If PCs marked as Bone Shadow Siskur-Dah target Shadow Wolf Secondborn and they did not killed it - they still cannot utilize 'ability to touch and strike ephemeral entities nominated as prey with her natural weapons' if ghosts ( or other ephemerals for that matter ) where not pointed as prey in Sacred Hunt, correct? So unless ghosts are Materialized on their own and PCs do not have Berghest Facet - they cannot physically harm ghosts?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So unless ghosts are Materialized on their own and PCs do not have Berghest Facet - they cannot physically harm ghosts?
          Hurting ghosts is another matter. Ghosts in Twilight are still weak to their bane, there are fetishes like the whisper knife that allow one to strike any entity in Twilight, rites like Twilight Purge that kick things out of Twilight, force them into Materialization and keep them from going back, and totem spirits or spirit allies with the right setup can see or attack ghosts.

And while not a direct attack one can destroy their anchors to cause Essence bleed.

Comment

Destroying Anchors is much more effective for ghosts since the Anchor Condition isn't naturally occurring and having Influence 4 is extremely rare for non-Reapers.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

It may be worth noting that wolfbloods with the piercing eyes tell can percieve ghosts in twilight automatically, making them good spotters for a pack interested in cleaning up ghosts?

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seth; Inept shaman, Wildlife studies major, Recently changed Irraka. Probably the most fun I've had putting my own character through so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon's Feather View Post
                It may be worth noting that wolfbloods with the piercing eyes tell can percieve ghosts in twilight automatically, making them good spotters for a pack interested in cleaning up ghosts?
                But would Wolf-Blooded seeing ghosts could help to hit the ghosts by the rest of pack? Saying 'Oh, it's there... No there...' is only partially solving problem of actually getting rid of ghost in the first place.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

It's a bit more information, and once the pack knows there is a ghost, the actual wolves can start up their gifts, activate fetishes made with death-related spirits, and set up any needed rites that could let them deal with it.

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seth; Inept shaman, Wildlife studies major, Recently changed Irraka. Probably the most fun I've had putting my own character through so much.

Comment

But would Wolf-Blooded seeing ghosts could help to hit the ghosts by the rest of pack? Saying 'Oh, it's there... No there...' is only partially solving problem of actually getting rid of ghost in the first place.
                    Late to the party, but do they need to hit it? I mean, excorism, abjuration, etc., these are things that werewolves and wolf-blooded can employ.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Late to the party, but do they need to hit it? I mean, excorism, abjuration, etc., these are things that werewolves and wolf-blooded can employ.
                      Can Werewolves use Abjuration? I thought that rolled Integrity.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Can Werewolves use Abjuration? I thought that rolled Integrity.
                        If not abjuration directly, then rough correlations to it.

Comment

Working...
                        X