Wasu-Im question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasu-Im question

Sort of confused on a piece of wording for Wasu-Im in regards to length of time vs lucidity. In the book it quotes

Instead of attacking, he can roll Resolve + Composure as an instant action to get some breathing room. Each success on the roll to resist offers him a turn of lucidity.
    but I thought that during Wasu-Im, they have not entered the full death-rage at the moment and may use the time (based on Harmony) to get to a safe place. So for example if I have a Harmony of 5, don't I have 15 minutes before the Basu-Im takes a hold to say escape the situation? Granted during Wasu-Im I need to be in Urshul or Dalu rather than Gauru. Argh so confusing!

Originally posted by Dessembrae View Post
    Sort of confused on a piece of wording for Wasu-Im in regards to length of time vs lucidity. In the book it quotes

but I thought that during Wasu-Im, they have not entered the full death-rage at the moment and may use the time (based on Harmony) to get to a safe place. So for example if I have a Harmony of 5, don't I have 15 minutes before the Basu-Im takes a hold to say escape the situation? Granted during Wasu-Im I need to be in Urshul or Dalu rather than Gauru.
    Right before that, it says:

'He suffers from a modified form of Gauru’s Rage (p. 97). If he fails the Resolve + Composure roll for taking other actions, he enters Basu-Im.'

Gauru's Rage is what keeps you attacking everything. From that link, 'A Gauru-form Uratha must attack an active opponent within striking range each turn.'

You have to in Wasu-Im too (though you aren't necessarily in Gauru form), but in Wasu-Im you may roll Resolve + Composure to get some breathing room during this.

Argh so confusing!
    No need to get frustrated, a lot of people had questions like these when it first came out.

Comment

Hmmm I'm still confused although I did notice the section you pointed out. So I need to roll resolve + composure every turn to gain breathing room with turns = successes, and based on harmony I have more time to keep accumulating successes when I need to roll again? Basically what I am trying to figure out is if I have a 15 minute Wasu-Im window due to Harmony 5, I need to keep up the rolls for 15 minutes (or gain an exceptional success) to avoid entering the Basu-Im? I do realize there is a ritual that can help with this.

Comment

Hmmm I'm still confused although I did notice the section you pointed out. So I need to roll resolve + composure every turn to gain breathing room with turns = successes, and based on harmony I have more time to keep accumulating successes when I need to roll again?
        Well, not every turn. If you roll 4 successes, you get 4 turns of breathing room. You can roll during those times but if whatever put you into Wasu-Im happened when you weren't alone, you might have to extricate yourself from the situation. Like, if you were pulled over by a police officer, or in the middle of negotiations, or in jail. You might use those turns to get to someplace isolated so if you DO go into Basu-Im, you don't end up doing something you're really going to regret.

Basically what I am trying to figure out is if I have a 15 minute Wasu-Im window due to Harmony 5, I need to keep up the rolls for 15 minutes (or gain an exceptional success) to avoid entering the Basu-Im? I do realize there is a ritual that can help with this.
        There's also a Gift, Still Small Voice. Like I mentioned above you wouldn't need to do it for every turn in the 15 minutes. But yes, it would be a constant urge for those 15 minutes. Obviously gaming doesn't take a strict measure of time, so if you have a decent-sized dicepool and you manage to get someplace calming you probably don't have to roll for every 3-6 seconds of in-world time. Alternatively if you have an awful dicepool you might just have to get someplace safe and rage for a bit.

The rules suggest you only roll when there's something on the line. 'You don’t need to roll dice for many actions. If your character isn’t in a stressful situation — nobody’s actively trying to tear his throat open, nor is the building being demolished as he works — you don’t need to roll.' But for the most part, especially with Harmony 5, if you're in Wasu-Im you're not there for no reason. You've either been struck by a Specific Trigger, such as being targeted by a supernatural power, swallowing human blood, or causing Lethal damage to another pack member. Or you're struck by a general trigger, for instance spending too long in Gauru, taking Gauru outside of combat, taking damage from silver, or being forced by an Elodoth. This isn't a 'You happen to be in the middle of a conversation and no one's bothering you and you freak out,' kind of situation, at Harmony 5 you have a handle on a lot of triggers, its when you're farther away from it you start running into incidental triggers.

Comment

I can't overstate how much help you have been for this, but the 1st game session went off mostly without a hitch today minus a few learning curve odds and ends. Overall, it was significantly less messy than it otherwise would have been. To that end, one big issue did come up because I realized during character creation that we forgot to do Kuruth triggers. This brought up a few points with the Moon and The Other triggers that I was unable to explain. Mostly it revolved around the common and specific versions of each and how often it applied.

With moon for example, after you witness your auspice moon in the sky for the common trigger, does it continuously trigger for the rest of the day? Or is it more of a 1 and done for that day? Same goes with the specific for Moon.

With The Other, do your own packmates set you off for the common and passive triggers? If so, after you finish the Wasu/Basu-Im, can it immediately trigger again?

Comment

With moon for example, after you witness your auspice moon in the sky for the common trigger, does it continuously trigger for the rest of the day? Or is it more of a 1 and done for that day? Same goes with the specific for Moon.
            Personal triggers explicitly trip no more than once per night.

With The Other, do your own packmates set you off for the common and passive triggers?
            Given that at that range you're pretty badly unbalanced in the first place? Sure.

If so, after you finish the Wasu/Basu-Im, can it immediately trigger again?
            Personal triggers explicitly trip no more than once per night.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Thanks a ton! Can't see how I missed that before! (answer: too much going on and skim reading apparently)

Comment

Satchel you are sure only once per night?

Comment

Nesky, I looked it up. In the section for Kuruth triggers (where it goes over personal triggers like Blood, The Other, Pack, etc), it is the very last sentence and easy to overlook as that is what happened to me and I didn't notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesky View Post
                    Satchel you are sure only once per night?
                    "All of the general triggers affect every
                    werewolf; though she only suffers her personal triggers
                    once a night, general triggers have no such limit."

Page 103, where Kuruth triggers are explained.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Yes, I've noticed now thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X