No announcement yet.

Space Race in WtF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon landing and Idigams are mentioned in frame in 1E WtF corebook even.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

While technology is a difficult theme to marry into the game, I really wouldn't say it doesn't have any place at all. I can totally see a pack of rural Iron Masters using Gift/Rite enhanced remote controlled drones (or maybe drone Fetishes with bound Raptor spirits that reveals Twilit entities on camera) to patrol their vast steppe/prairie territory.

Still, the space race didn't inherently introduce technology with Uratha existence. Unless a pack was directly involved in NASA before the landings, Uratha would probably not go further than to investigate NASA and the returned pods once someone pieces together why a bunch of idigam suddenly showed up. The new plans for a manned landing does introduce new possibilities with savvy and informed Uratha trying to infiltrate (or just straight up sabotage) Roscosmos to stop the new mission.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Tech-Gnosticism is sort of an undercurrent that can be put in anything with the God-Machine, and the moon landing unleashing something was in the very first NWoD book. Though I always took that to be a God-Machine entity, did they retcon all of that as Idigam or were a variety of things unleashed from the moon?

Also, werewolves having to hitch a ride on a Russian rocket to the Moon to search the prisons of the Idigam for clues as to their Banes would be a good chronicle ender.

Comment

Originally posted by WaywardPaladin View Post
          Tech-Gnosticism is sort of an undercurrent that can be put in anything with the God-Machine, and the moon landing unleashing something was in the very first NWoD book. Though I always took that to be a God-Machine entity, did they retcon all of that as Idigam or were a variety of things unleashed from the moon?
          The latter. The story from the 1e core is just that, a story. It apparently wasn't written with anything else in mind, it was just an evocative piece of fiction.

1e Forsaken had the Idigam hitching a ride on the Apollo Mission. It's not a call back to the story.

Comment

I don't think it was an entity. It's been some time since I read it but I think it was a pretty small object that was retrieved. Regardless, neither, either or both can be true in your game. Perhaps the Apollo retrieval mission was the only one that didn't bring back additional idigam because they couldn't bear to be close enough to the object, or perhaps an idigam had latched onto it and rode it all the way back to whatever secret facility the object now is stored in, subtly influencing the humans to unlock its potential so that the idigam can swoop in and take whatever it is for itself.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Also, werewolves having to hitch a ride on a Russian rocket to the Moon to search the prisons of the Idigam for clues as to their Banes would be a good chronicle ender.
              Techgnosticism is not a God-Machine only thing. Technospiritualism in general is not a God-Machine only thing. THe God-Machine is not an all imposing thing.

The animism of Werewolf means that the Uratha are by default technospiritualists of a sort, actually. It may not be played with thematically a whole lot (yet), but that angle on reality is, well, a reality for them.

Anyways, the answer to the question is the latter.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
              Out of Nation from 5/22 to 5/29

Comment

Working...
              X