X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic Space Race in WtF

Space Race in WtF

Population of Idigams on Earth is rising...

'Have the Americans been on the Moon or it’s just a hoax as conspiracy theorists claim? All questions will be answered when the Russian cosmonauts visit the Earth’s satellite, Russia’s space boss, promised.

“We’ve set such a task – to go there and check if they were there or not,” Dmitry Rogozin replied to the popular question about the moon exploration. “The Americans say – they’ve been there. We’ll verify that.”'

https://www.azerbaycan24.com/en/russ...scosmos-chief/
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-26-2018, 10:24 AM.

• Malus
    replied
    Imagine if an Idigam summoned a void leviathan, that it wanted to use to go pick up more bros at the Moon with.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Well based on what we know now I'd suspect a variety of spirits (and idigam) have hidden out on the return trip, either in rocks or on their vehicle. At the risk of throwing the usual 'it depends on your game' Luna is big enough to probably wreck most planetary angels or tiny things trying to sneak past her, but some may have hidden very well or been overlooked or disguised themselves as lunes.

An anniversary like this might be a good time for them to finally break from their dormancy, as well.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Google is celebrating 50th Anniversary of Moon Landing - event that we know starter Idigam Hunts Era in WtF gameline. You also think that Mike Collins could be possessed by SOMETHING in his flight around dark side of the Moon?

http://bit.ly/2LtmTvM

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by WaywardPaladin View Post
    Tech-Gnosticism is sort of an undercurrent that can be put in anything with the God-Machine, and the moon landing unleashing something was in the very first NWoD book. Though I always took that to be a God-Machine entity, did they retcon all of that as Idigam or were a variety of things unleashed from the moon?

Also, werewolves having to hitch a ride on a Russian rocket to the Moon to search the prisons of the Idigam for clues as to their Banes would be a good chronicle ender.
    Techgnosticism is not a God-Machine only thing. Technospiritualism in general is not a God-Machine only thing. THe God-Machine is not an all imposing thing.

The animism of Werewolf means that the Uratha are by default technospiritualists of a sort, actually. It may not be played with thematically a whole lot (yet), but that angle on reality is, well, a reality for them.

Anyways, the answer to the question is the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Tech-Gnosticism is sort of an undercurrent that can be put in anything with the God-Machine, and the moon landing unleashing something was in the very first NWoD book. Though I always took that to be a God-Machine entity, did they retcon all of that as Idigam or were a variety of things unleashed from the moon?
    I don't think it was an entity. It's been some time since I read it but I think it was a pretty small object that was retrieved. Regardless, neither, either or both can be true in your game. Perhaps the Apollo retrieval mission was the only one that didn't bring back additional idigam because they couldn't bear to be close enough to the object, or perhaps an idigam had latched onto it and rode it all the way back to whatever secret facility the object now is stored in, subtly influencing the humans to unlock its potential so that the idigam can swoop in and take whatever it is for itself.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    The latter. The story from the 1e core is just that, a story. It apparently wasn't written with anything else in mind, it was just an evocative piece of fiction.

1e Forsaken had the Idigam hitching a ride on the Apollo Mission. It's not a call back to the story.

Leave a comment:

• WaywardPaladin
    replied

Also, werewolves having to hitch a ride on a Russian rocket to the Moon to search the prisons of the Idigam for clues as to their Banes would be a good chronicle ender.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    While technology is a difficult theme to marry into the game, I really wouldn't say it doesn't have any place at all. I can totally see a pack of rural Iron Masters using Gift/Rite enhanced remote controlled drones (or maybe drone Fetishes with bound Raptor spirits that reveals Twilit entities on camera) to patrol their vast steppe/prairie territory.

Still, the space race didn't inherently introduce technology with Uratha existence. Unless a pack was directly involved in NASA before the landings, Uratha would probably not go further than to investigate NASA and the returned pods once someone pieces together why a bunch of idigam suddenly showed up. The new plans for a manned landing does introduce new possibilities with savvy and informed Uratha trying to infiltrate (or just straight up sabotage) Roscosmos to stop the new mission.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Moon landing and Idigams are mentioned in frame in 1E WtF corebook even.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Iguazu View Post
    Science has no place in WtF really; it's just a wrong theme.
    I mean, it is a fairly major plot point for the Idigam. Wyrd didn't just make up this connection between moon landings and the Idigam.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Iguazu View Post
    Science has no place in WtF really; it's just a wrong theme. A WtF game that takes place during the space race say in Florida etc., now that's different!
    Yet we will get Golden Age of S-F Era for the WtF in Dark Eras 2 ( probably in it's Companion )

'Golden Age of Sci Fi – Deviant /Werewolf'

Leave a comment:

• Iguazu
    replied
    Science has no place in WtF really; it's just a wrong theme. A WtF game that takes place during the space race say in Florida etc., now that's different!

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    unless they can travel along the assorted sensor readings being returned (in which case it may as well return via people simply looking at the planet).
    There's a narrative distinction between "this thing rode the spiritual currents of data transmissions" and "this thing traveled along human sight-lines like those are a thing we think about as individual things that matter." Acrozatarim made an idigam that did the former along a more diffuse route from the Moon.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Entirely possible one 'missed' the moon, or was sent farther away for whatever reason.

The InSight lander isn't returning, however, so we wouldn't be getting anyone riding back to Earth unless they can travel along the assorted sensor readings being returned (in which case it may as well return via people simply looking at the planet). Like everyone says it's up to the storytellers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X