Relentless Assault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relentless Assault

Does anyone knows the history publication on this Merit?
    I see it in Werewolf and heard Beast has it too, but the difference being you have to spend a Willpower in Beast, and don't fall to Basu-Im.

Also, which five-dot you (more experienced players) think is better?

Better is... really subjective here. How well you recover WP, and how well you can compensate for going in Basu-Im is too hard to go 1:1 in comparisons.

Comment

I think they were put in by the same person. The one in Beast is just how it works for Beasts, the Werewolf one is how it works for werewolves.

Comment

Interesting view.

I feel like spending Willpower is so much better it seems like someone stole woof's toy and got it to work without batteries, but again, my opinion is based on playing the other versions of the game.

The original idea was to make this open-ended enough as to not pinhole eventual answers to my ideas, but what I imagine is the wording allows you to spent as many Willpower as you like, so you may be able to defeat 2-3 enemies in a single attack with a bit of setup and just walk away; no drawbacks. Depending on your Virtue/Vice-Mask/Dirge-Elpides/Torments, this destruction may as well become free, while being in Basu-Im has as much drawbacks as it has benefits, but I'm more than happy to hear what you have in mind for "compensating" for Basu-Im, because one of my players decided he wants to play an Ithaeur who loves to lose himself in the throes of rage.

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        I think they were put in by the same person. The one in Beast is just how it works for Beasts, the Werewolf one is how it works for werewolves.
        That... eliminates my point about it being an Uratha toy.

Comment

Originally posted by blodmåne View Post
          but what I imagine is the wording allows you to spent as many Willpower as you like, so you may be able to defeat 2-3 enemies in a single attack with a bit of setup and just walk away; no drawbacks.
          I can see how you reach this interpretation because the wording is a little loose, but it’s not the intention. Additional action triggers in CofD are intentionally designed to be rare, even with supernatural powers. A non-supernatural Merit can give an additional attack under certain conditions at 5 dots, but not a potentially limitless series.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Working...
          X