X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also possibly Ravening Wolf.

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
    While a part of me thinks there might of been a Second Born called Eviscerating Wolf as one of the Lodge Totems.. by and large it's mainly something of my own creation
    I figured that, I was just asking if it was a Firstborn of your own creation.

Comment

• I need a name for Bee Hosts. Anything is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by KooriRenchuu View Post
        I need a name for Bee Hosts. Anything is fine.
        Kudhedilu, lit. "sweet nesters".

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Also possibly Ravening Wolf.

I figured that, I was just asking if it was a Firstborn of your own creation.
          Oh, sort of lol

Comment

• Hi. It's me again.
            I've edited my dictionary to be in spreadsheet format for easier use (if I really wanted to full-ass this, I'd make a website, or a database to publish to github, but that's neither here nor there. maybe next iteration.)
            It's work in progress, as always (every word is labeled as a noun right now, for one), but you should be able to sort by: english, first tongue, canon-ness, word class and "grouping" which is going to be me grouping like words together (for instance, all wolf blooded tells together).
            To sort, click the thing that looks like a martini glass in the right of the icon bar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I'll still be updating the google doc Compilation with the things that I don't think fit in the dictionary, like Fan Wolf/Pack/Spirit Names, the Phrases, the Kennings, the Zodiac, Vampire and Mage stuff, and the like. As always, hit me up with errors, ideas and general griping you have with it. (I really wish there was a way to do suggestions on spreadsheets, cause then I could crowd source the classing and related terms sections of this with impunity.)

And now that I'm caught up again after 120 posts of inactivity, back to lurking.
            Last edited by Litheon; 04-17-2015, 03:15 AM.

All Things Strive.

Comment

• Thanks a billion Litheon! You're awesome! Now, to make your handle an honourary word:

lidken: record; record-keeper; one who records, memorizes or recites something important; one who takes on a grueling, repetitive job (lit. "one who grinds away at the scraps")
              Last edited by Sikla Alkis; 04-17-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
                First off, I want to say "Thanks!" again, for translating "Art through adversity". I would like to add another request though, this one a quote from Tennis pro Arthur Ashe:

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost."

Translate it at your convenience, and I'll batter and deep fry some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to go with those Oreos.
                Got you that translation!

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm."

And new derived terms.

sun: to be humble; to be undramatic, to be downplayed, to be low-key
                samm: a price; a cost
                danadu: to be glorious, glory; the Renown of Glory
                Last edited by Sikla Alkis; 04-18-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Got a cunning and duplicitous Ensih who serves a storm-spirit, favors the form of a calico cat, and infamously impersonated a Helion — how would you render the titles Squire of Descending Water, Knight of Three Coats, and Prince of False Dawn?

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                    Got a cunning and duplicitous Ensih who serves a storm-spirit, favors the form of a calico cat, and infamously impersonated a Helion — how would you render the titles Squire of Descending Water, Knight of Three Coats, and Prince of False Dawn?
                    *thinks*

a'gal: assistant, servant, squire; to aid or assist, to be on hand to assist
                    thul: to fall, to descend, to lower
                    ghudh: a knight; a senior warrior, a high-ranking warrior
                    nuun: a prince or prince-equivalent; the inheriting son of a ruler
                    egiir: a princess or princess-equivalent; the inheriting daughter of a ruler

So Squire of Descending Water is Thul-Illuag A'gal, Knight of Three Coats is Pes-Lulafunag Ghudh, and Prince of False Dawn is Nusethsetuth-Nuun.

Comment

• So we have a Librarian and an Accountant now? Sweetness and Rye.

Hey, actually, how about translating "Sweetness and Rye"? It's a general use "Oh that's good", exclamation.

All Things Strive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Litheon View Post
                        So we have a Librarian and an Accountant now? Sweetness and Rye.

Hey, actually, how about translating "Sweetness and Rye"? It's a general use "Oh that's good", exclamation.
                        Guth ni, which means "good prey/food".

Comment

• And now, it's time for some farming terms, since the upcoming Neolithic Dark Eras entails the rise of agriculture!

lahafuh: a well; a cistern; a watering hole
                          ehuth: a barn; a shed or place where animals are kept
                          al'al: a field used for farming; arable land; fertile land suitable for farming
                          re'u: to graze; to put animals to pasture
                          gir'u: an orchard
                          lugh: a pasture where animals are kept; a field used for the grazing or keeping of animals
                          far: a ditch; canals or irrigation methods
                          haba: a plow pulled by animals; to plow the fields to prepare for planting
                          abin: a seed plow; a plow worked by hand
                          shus: hay; grain; animal feed
                          zergu: litter; straw; bedding
                          kassur: to milk; to extract; to suckle
                          bhunih: a feeding trough; a bowl used to feed animals with; something used for carrying food or water
                          ezlah: a bucket
                          haa: an animal not yet weaned from its mother
                          kudh: an animal that has been weaned from its mother
                          habhuum: wool or materials for spinning and clothes-making, like flax
                          ruduu: spittle; to spit
                          thibhith: a camel; a llama; an alpaca
                          maar: a wagon, a cart
                          kufum: a wheel
                          zizus: a substance used to kill pests or insects; an insecticide; poisons such as rat poison
                          zudh: a parcel of land; a piece of land; an acre
                          gissar: a field used to grow vegetables or other crops
                          ghuur: to pick; to harvest
                          ghuurabis: a harvester or harvesting machine (lit. "reaping bull")
                          hudaben: a team of animals used to pull something, such as a cart or plow
                          dhubhul: to grow plants; to grow food or crops
                          nenal: to raise an animal for food; food-livestock such as beef cows and chicken
                          mushen: a bird; poultry, chickens, turkeys
                          gimunhasi: a farm
                          bhelum: an egg
                          sagarunu: fertilizer (lit. "soil meals")
                          e'ara: a mill; a windmill
                          erru: a grindstone
                          zith: flour
                          tafa: vegetables; a vegetable
                          hu': legumes; beans, peas
                          gibh: wheat, grains
                          sheh: barley; plants that can be made into drinks
                          hesfil: fruits; a fruit
                          abhrum: a place of storage; a hayloft; a granary
                          sagarum-anis: plants that are not grown for food, but sold at market to be turned into products like clothes or other materials
                          Last edited by Sikla Alkis; 04-18-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• And now, geological features!

guhrur: the base of a mountain, a hill or their ranges
                            buur: the side or slope of a hill
                            a'as: a cairn; a monument marker; something that marks the top of a mountain or a special place
                            gurfadh: the summit, brow, cap or top of a mountain or hill
                            fa'u: a pass in the mountains
                            kuk buur: a crag; a very steep, rough part of a mountain (lit. "toothy slope")
                            mi'ilu: a watershed; a divide
                            nimbuur: an escarpment; steep slopes along high areas of land (lit. "high-reaching edges")
                            memm: a fold; a gap; a valley
                            sagar-dagukurum: a landslide, mudslide or landslip (lit. "flood of earth")
                            dha: a ledge; a narrow cliff; a sharp, treacherous cliff
                            daa: a cliff in general
                            nimdha: a ridge
                            skekisur: the snow line (lit. "the cold boundary")
                            nisikisur: the tree line (lit. "the green boundary")
                            illu daa: an underwater shelf
                            thim'na: scree (lit. "weak stones")
                            skur: flat, level
                            skursakh: plateau (lit. "flat mountain")
                            Last edited by Sikla Alkis; 04-18-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Oceanic features!

hiri'us-dumu: trade winds (lit. "winds of navigation", due to their importance in sea travel)
                              a'ardum: coral
                              saplu illu: shallow water
                              saplu: low, shallow, receding
                              nim: high, rising above
                              mirkaf: rough waters, bad weather (lit. "raging waters")
                              guthkaf: good waters, good weather (lit. "sweet waters")
                              ugude: abyssal plain; a wide, flat, open area underwater
                              makafar: oceanic trench (lit. "sea-canal")
                              bhurudhursakh: oceanic mountain or undersea volcano (lit. "deep mountain")
                              nimugude: oceanic plateau (lit. "abyssal plain that rises up")
                              Last edited by Sikla Alkis; 04-18-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Okay, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am running out of ideas for stuff to translate. If anyone has any idea for things to translate, any and all suggestions are needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X