X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Okay, looks like it.

This would mean it's 'Dog of Moon' ( so somekind of Lune? ) , but this Hound is used as 'Chaser'. So maybe you can translate for me 'Moon Chaser' then for First Tongue?
    Iduth-shugudʰ

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
    Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

• Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
      I would like a FT word for a spirit of moral panics by parents. Things like the Satanic Panic, iDosing or Rainbow Parties that have no basis in reality but still have those with children flipping out and doing stupid destructive things in the name of protecting their spawn from the nonexistent danger.
      a-dʰarzara - To seize excessive concern

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

• Okay, I just found about Cerro Rico. 'Rich mountain.' It's a mountain in Bolivia found 500 years ago that the Spanish dug out so much silver from that it apparently destabilized the Chinese economy at the time. And working in it was, apparently, notoriously deadly. When the Spanish ran out of indigenous people to put through the mine, they brought over slaves from other lands to do it. It's apparently still deadly today, and is called, 'The mountain that eats men.'

So I'm basically asking for three translations. One, 'Rich mountain,' another, 'the mountain that eats men,' and another that I'm not sure about. Basically, to a werewolf, this thing is pumping poison into the world, into the hands of their enemies and making the world more dangerous to them in general. So an appropriate, cursed name for something like that.

Comment

• ningdugudugusadu - Rich Mountain
          ungnamgʰusadu - People-Eating Mountain
          hemedʰa-ungnamgʰusadu - Purple-People-Eating Mountain

ahdʰimsadu - Poison-corpse Mountain

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

• Hey, guys.

I'm looking for First Tongue names for the cWoD Fera breeds ( I couldn't find anything in the dictionary or this thread).

Nagah (snake/serpent), Rokea (shark), Nuwisha (coyote), Gurahl (bear), Bastet (cat), Ananasi (spider), Ratkin (rats), Corax (crow/raven/corvids), Kitsune (fox), Mokole (dragon/lizard), and Camazotz (bat), Ajaba (hyena).

Ideally, they would be short version, like "Uratha" is for werewolves.

Thanks!
            Last edited by gebbethine; 05-14-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Need name for the spirit that's name means Dark Deeds.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
              My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
              MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

• Neru-gabgar - Villainous Thief

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

• Have new Pack totem in my game - Eagle of Justice. Looks for First Tongue name for it.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                  My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                  MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

• It's been a long time since I asked for translations, but I have three new ones to request.

First Wolf ( from War Against The Pure)

The Seeker of Agony ( an Idigam I am working on who believes that fear is weakness and that pain and extensive mutilation/reconstruction of a being can 'cure" it)

Let No Opportunity To Rise Above The Unworthy Go Unclaimed. ( The spiritual Ban of Danu-Ur, the tribal totem of my homebrew Pure Tribe the Kukthidum, or Fang-Shapers)
                    Last edited by Korogra; 06-20-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Hi all, I would like a translation for "the First Sword". "The" is included as a reference that it'll be used as a title. I looked through the provided documents and found references for "first" and "sword", but honestly I'm a little confused by the sheet layout and not sure how to put it all together Could I get help with a translation please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mother's Love View Post
                        Hi all, I would like a translation for "the First Sword". "The" is included as a reference that it'll be used as a title. I looked through the provided documents and found references for "first" and "sword", but honestly I'm a little confused by the sheet layout and not sure how to put it all together Could I get help with a translation please?
                        Sumerian doesn't seem to have a known definite article like 'the', as such. Certainly not as listed in the dictionary spreadsheet. You could substitute 'That' or 'This', or grab one of the unknown meanings for your own use, or look through other translations to see how other people - like Sikla Alkis) got around the problem.

First Wolf ( from War Against The Pure)
                        Perhaps something like Mergha-Ur.
                        The Seeker of Agony
                        Inlu-Namging : Abundant Abuse Seeker?
                        Heh, that's a tricky one without simple words for pain or hurt or agony!

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

• Originally posted by nikink View Post

Sumerian doesn't seem to have a known definite article like 'the', as such. Certainly not as listed in the dictionary spreadsheet. You could substitute 'That' or 'This', or grab one of the unknown meanings for your own use, or look through other translations to see how other people - like Sikla Alkis) got around the problem.

Perhaps something like Mergha-Ur.

Inlu-Namging : Abundant Abuse Seeker?
                          Heh, that's a tricky one without simple words for pain or hurt or agony!
                          Thanks, this helps a lot!

Well I am never one for wanting easy names xD I do have a request for you though if you are free.

Comment

• It might take me a day or so, but sure, ask away.

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

• I have a new batch of names and titles awaiting translation, so i'd be supergrateful if anyone could do it:

Poplar - which i was translating to myself as "Silver cortex" (i'd appreciate both translations)
                              Magpie - which i was thinking of as "Black and white winged thief" (again, i'd like the two of them if possible)

Some titles:

"Dark One of the Keen Eye"
                              "Riches and Despaired Ones"
                              "Pyramid below the Waters"
                              "Silent Stalker"
                              "Death from Above"
                              "Laden Eye"
                              ·"Crooked Man"

Thank you in advance! ^^
                              Last edited by Phersus; 08-14-2017, 06:35 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes ^^'

Userhat Aegpts Vlrs. Coren "Ojos de Fuego". Mithrael. Menehet.

Comment

• What is the First Tongue equivalent of "Bad Dog!"

Comment

Working...
                                X