Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing First Tongue Translations

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worthless search function. I literally get no results for "sin-eater" or even "sin" when searching this thread. Not even our latest posts.

    Nitpick: Namuskuzu sounds more like it would be Bound on a whole rather than the Sin-Eater subgroup.


    Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

    Comment


    • I'm really happy to see this is still going! Unfortunately, I don't have the time anymore to work on the dictionary. Maybe one day I can come back to it, but not right now. If you guys want to continue the project, by all means, please take what I've posted and run with it. I see some of the devs have come to provide translation help, and I really like what they've come up with so far.


      Comment


      • I still pay attention.


        Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

        Shapeshifting Historian
        Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sikla Alkis View Post
          I'm really happy to see this is still going! Unfortunately, I don't have the time anymore to work on the dictionary. Maybe one day I can come back to it, but not right now. If you guys want to continue the project, by all means, please take what I've posted and run with it. I see some of the devs have come to provide translation help, and I really like what they've come up with so far.
          Thank you for all you've done. I know the language sometimes acts as a barrier to new players but I think once established it's helped us really get some healthy depth to the setting of the game.

          Originally posted by nikink View Post
          I still pay attention.

          And that's appreciated as well, I did have a translation question. Making wrath hosts and was wondering if it would be azithalu? Or azithu?

          Also, out of curiosity, are you working on anything for the new Dark Eras?
          Last edited by nofather; 09-11-2019, 02:41 AM.

          Comment


          • Oh, great Spirits of First Tongue, hear my call and help me with this translations!

            Ghost - Erenissu
            Spirit of Renowns left by dead Uratha - Hissu

            EDIT: Looking back on posts, I see nofather answered this question few months before...

            Originally posted by nofather View Post
            erenissu - A ghost (human)
            hissu - shade/shadow, spirit of a dead person
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-10-2019, 02:02 AM.


            My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nofather View Post

              And that's appreciated as well, I did have a translation question. Making wrath hosts and was wondering if it would be azithalu? Or azithu?

              Also, out of curiosity, are you working on anything for the new Dark Eras?
              I'd go with Azithalu.
              Nothing by me in the new Dark Eras. Bit sad about it, personally, but that's the freelancer life.


              Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

              Shapeshifting Historian
              Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nikink View Post

                I'd go with Azithalu.
                Nothing by me in the new Dark Eras. Bit sad about it, personally, but that's the freelancer life.
                Just keep the fingers crossed for a Dark Eras 3!


                Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

                CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

                Comment


                • For an upcoming game...what, in the First Tongue, would be "The Fiery Mountain That Walks"?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X