Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Influence Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Influence Healing

    So, I remember there being a thread about this a long time ago but for the life of me I cant find it so I thought I'd ask for pointers and or quotes on how effective Influence Healing would be. How much would Strengthen speed up normal healing? Could Manipulate do the same as medical treatment? What effects could Control have? Create?

    Any takes appreciated, any references (or better yet a link to the old thread I cant find) would be greatly appreciated

  • #2
    Manipulate could probably do the same as medical treatment.

    Generally what I've found people going back to with Influences is either 'successes equal how well you succeed' so the amount of successes can determine how much you heal, or Rank or Influence do, so if you get any amount of successes, you heal your Rank or Influence #, maybe more with an Exceptional Success.

    Comment


    • #3
      The way I'd do it:
      Strengthen could give dice bonuses equal to Rank to rolls to perform first aid or medical treatment, or use other healing powers, maybe give a slight boost to healing rate.
      Manipulate likely can do things like cease bleeding out or giving a noticeable boost to healing times (perhaps multiplying/dividing up to Rank).
      Control likely can downgrade damage, being more or less like ICU care. Or alternatively 'suppress' damage = to rank for the duration.
      Create can likely heal damage outright (levels = Rank).
      Mass create can likely heal damage outright on bunches of folks.

      Among other potential uses.



      Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
      My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

      Comment


      • #4
        I think that create could perform a temporary resurrection, mass create a permanent version

        Comment


        • #5
          Healing doesn’t happen after death. I’d say the dead are beyond this Influence’s effect.


          Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
            Healing doesn’t happen after death. I’d say the dead are beyond this Influence’s effect.
            You can take the life from the matter, but your can't bring the matter to life, eh Jane?


            Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, you probably can. But Healing probably isnt the way to bring someone back. Mind you... maybe if it is done soon enough after death though? Either way, worth considering both.

              Comment


              • #8
                Resurrection is a Numen, it does say powerful spirits of healing have it (I think it would make more sense for Life spirits), and certain angels.

                Though it strips you of your template.
                Last edited by nofather; 03-03-2019, 02:50 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                  Healing doesn’t happen after death. I’d say the dead are beyond this Influence’s effect.
                  I will have to be a naysayer/ Devil’s Advocate and state that Create-or Mass Create probably could reverse death if done right away. Doctors undo clinical death all the time after all through resuscitation, and if mere medical science can do it, the godly power of a Rank 5 Spirit Absolutely would be able to do it. Now you aren’t going to be bringing someone who’s been in the morgue for a couple hours back to life, that’s why we have a numen for that, but bringing a person back a few minutes after they expire with Influence? I see no reason why a Rank 4 or 5 Spirit Of Healing couldn’t accomplish such a feat.
                  Last edited by Korogra; 03-07-2019, 12:19 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There's a reason clinical death is called clinical death and not just death anymore.


                    Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                      There's a reason clinical death is called clinical death and not just death anymore.
                      One is reversible, the other sadly is beyond human intervention. You’re still dead, but luckily your body’s able to be jumpstarted back to functionality.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        While spirits can do some pretty amazing things, tying the 'word' of their powers to the technical jargon of human occupations is more of a True Fae thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          While spirits can do some pretty amazing things, tying the 'word' of their powers to the technical jargon of human occupations is more of a True Fae thing.
                          I think doctoring counts as healing, don’t you?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                            I will have to be a naysayer/ Devil’s Advocate and state that Create-or Mass Create probably could reverse death if done right away. Doctors undo clinical death all the time after all through resuscitation, and if mere medical science can do it, the godly power of a Rank 5 Spirit Absolutely would be able to do it. Now you aren’t going to be bringing someone who’s been in the morgue for a couple hours back to life, that’s why we have a numen for that, but bringing a person back a few minutes after they expire with Influence? I see no reason why a Rank 4 or 5 Spirit Of Healing couldn’t accomplish such a feat.
                            Sure, your game is your game. In my game, if the subject was dead - for whatever value of ‘dead’ the ST decides is dead - I’d say it’s beyond Influence: Healing. But even a dead thing will still have some living cells within it who are a bit behind the dying curve, using up the last of their metabolic functions in a normally balanced system rapidly spiralling out of control. If you want, those could be affected by Influence Healing after death, erupting in mass uncontrolled tumors, growing out of the corpse as long as the Essence keeps up, then oozing and dying along with the rest of the now misshapen corpse once the Essence is gone.

                            A spirit with Influence: Life, on the other hand...


                            Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                              I think doctoring counts as healing, don’t you?
                              Without getting into the specifics of a doctor diagnosing illnesses and recommending medicines or options to heal you, when you have a dead body you are past the time for doctors.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X