No announcement yet.

Influence Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the health track is filled with aggravated damage, I'd call it beyond Influence (Healing). There's a numina explicitly for that. If they're "dead" in the IC sense of clinical death but technically they have one more lethal health level that hasn't converted yet, yeah the Influence can fix that. IMO

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
    My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Sure, your game is your game. In my game, if the subject was dead - for whatever value of ‘dead’ the ST decides is dead - I’d say it’s beyond Influence: Healing. But even a dead thing will still have some living cells within it who are a bit behind the dying curve, using up the last of their metabolic functions in a normally balanced system rapidly spiralling out of control. If you want, those could be affected by Influence Healing after death, erupting in mass uncontrolled tumors, growing out of the corpse as long as the Essence keeps up, then oozing and dying along with the rest of the now misshapen corpse once the Essence is gone.

A spirit with Influence: Life, on the other hand...

I dunno, that sounds like something that would happen if you use Influence: Life on a dead person’s destabilizing cells, absolutely. But saying that Healing would cause that to occur.. that sounds backwards and improbable considering the Influence.

You’re right that it’s GM discretion, though!
      Last edited by Korogra; 03-07-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
        If the health track is filled with aggravated damage, I'd call it beyond Influence (Healing). There's a numina explicitly for that. If they're "dead" in the IC sense of clinical death but technically they have one more lethal health level that hasn't converted yet, yeah the Influence can fix that. IMO
        I usually imagine a person being in multiple pieces or their body is largely pulped/incinerated/ shredded thanks to a full health track of aggravated damage, and agree that the poor sob is definitely beyond Influence: Healing.

But in that scenario where they can be saved, agreed completely

Comment

To note, you might be able to use Influence (Healing) on a dead body, sure. And it might even make the cells able to knit themselves back together, 'creating' the ability to heal where it didn't exist before. And then... congratulations, you have a more intact corpse! Because it's not actually granting life back to them, or pulling their soul back, etc.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
          My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

As a general rule, if there is a Numen or it, then it should be outside typical Influence uses. Though there are exceptions; Influence : Fire and the Firestarter Numen come to mind, though the later is both cheaper and more accessible.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I very much dont agree with that, Influences are broad and general so one of them will always cover what a numen does in one way or another. They're just generally more expensive and also might require high ratings, like 4 or 5, to do things that an influence can do for a rank one. Firestarter being a good example since you'd need Influence (Fire) 4 to do the same thing yet a rank 1 spirit can grab Firestarter and be set.

Comment

Yeah, it's not a good rule of thumb. Resurrection is an exception because it's specifically limited to high Ranking spirits that really should already be able to do that, if it was possible through use of Influences.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Asaram View Post
                  How much would Strengthen speed up normal healing?
                  I'd do it by a factor of 1+[entity's rank], ie, a rank 1 entity using strengthens healing, causing it to double in rate. Rank 2 triples it, etc.

Could Manipulate do the same as medical treatment?
                  Manipulate could do fun things like inverting the order by which wounds heal.

What effects could Control have?
                  Control can probably treat real caustic disorders/injuries, likely up to and including preventing cell degeneration due to freezing someone.

Create?
                  Resurrection style stuff, till the influence ceases.

Comment

Working...
                  X