Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Homebrew Firstborn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Homebrew Firstborn

    I was wanting to make a Werewolf version of Gandalf who does one thing, but actually doing it as part of a greater plan. I figured I liked the idea of an Firstborn who obfuscates his intentions and actions from both friend and foe alike in a manner akin to traveling in a dense blizzard. You are blinded by the wind and the snow so much so you can't see your own hands in front of you. Also I like frost mages, so I named this Firstborn Blizzard Wolf, a lesser sibling of Winter Wolf. The problem is that I need help with his name in the First Tongue. It is going to be very long and I need to a way to shorten it. Okay here it is: Mirhira- Angry Skies, Storm, Skolis- Winter, so Skolis-Mirhira'Ur? Could I shorten it to Skolmir'Ur? Do you guys have a better idea? I am stumped.

  • #2
    Why does this have to be a separate Firstborn and not a Royal Avatar?


    Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

    Comment


    • #3
      I prefer the idea of brotherhood as opposed to a herald or messenger, Satchel. Family is sometimes a complicated mess of a concept, but I love it. Now about that name....

      Comment


      • #4
        If you like the idea of this spirit having a familial connection to the First Born without being a Royal Avatar ( though that is a pretty good idea), why not use a Second Born, making it a cub of Winter Wolf?

        Comment


        • #5
          The closest thing I can put together to 'blizzard' via Sumerian is 'snow storm' which is sihim in First Tongue.


          - Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

          ​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Korogra View Post
            If you like the idea of this spirit having a familial connection to the First Born without being a Royal Avatar ( though that is a pretty good idea), why not use a Second Born, making it a cub of Winter Wolf?
            A Secondborn you say? It would make more since sense than to make a Firstborn OC and I get to keep the familial bonds intact. Thank you, Korogra, for your knowledge.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
              The closest thing I can put together to 'blizzard' via Sumerian is 'snow storm' which is sihim in First Tongue.
              So the closest word is sihim? Thank you. So his name is Sihim-Ur or Blizzard Wolf. I like it, I like it a lot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Extant Reality View Post

                A Secondborn you say? It would make more since sense than to make a Firstborn OC and I get to keep the familial bonds intact. Thank you, Korogra, for your knowledge.
                No problem!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Also thank you, Acrozatarim for the translation! Sihim'Ur is a magnificent name!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I’d completely forgotten that the children of father wolf could sire further children. Would that also apply to soulless wolf?


                    WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Presumably! While I make use of him as a Firstborn it's also possible for his claims to just be a lie.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lyrics Of War View Post
                        I’d completely forgotten that the children of father wolf could sire further children. Would that also apply to soulless wolf?
                        That entirely depends on your game, what role he plays, and what you think he is. We set up many ideas of how things could be working behind the scenes but they’re not confirmed.

                        Some even claim that the Maeljin are Virukh-Ur’s children - that’s certainly something that Soulless Wolf has claimed in the past. But he speaks a lot of contradictory rubbish.


                        Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh that’s an idea I certainly like! Would add a deeper touch of malevolence to soulless wolf.


                          WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                            Some even claim that the Maeljin are Virukh-Ur’s children - that’s certainly something that Soulless Wolf has claimed in the past.
                            I don't think I've thought that one before but I like it a lot. While I love lodges as more closely personal cults, I really like the idea of the Firstborn as powerhouses. Little point having the 'biggest names' in the game be pushovers. And the Maeljin seem to be the ones who you do more for, even if Soulless Wolf is the go-between.

                            But he speaks a lot of contradictory rubbish.
                            I like that too. I whipped up an idigam a long time ago that always lied, even when its answers would contradict previous lies, but it wasn't a bane as much as a smaller aspect of what it represented so it could be honest if someone thought it was forced to lie and was trying to trick something out of them.
                            Last edited by nofather; 04-23-2019, 10:57 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X