Crossover Help: Fire Touched Avatars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossover Help: Fire Touched Avatars

Okay, so I'm setting up for a crossover story involving the Fire Touched taking Team Korra hostage, followed up by fighting a top tier black ops team that rescues them. What would a reasonably experienced pack of Fire Touched Pure have going for them? Numbers, patsies, and powers? Most importantly, since Korra gains her powers from spirits, what would that mean?

How/what sort of crossover are we talking about? Is this more Avatar reframed in a Chronicles world, an injection of Chronicles into the Avatar world, some kind of hybrid between the two? If a hybrid of the two, how much in each direction and and what is carrying over?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

I don't know who Team Korra is.

But Fire-Touched are the most Hisil-oriented of the Pure. They tend to be where the big mojo comes in, lots of rites and crazy fetishes. Also as many spirits as they can convince, and they're big on convincing. Like the name says, they're big on fire, but also faith, madness, truth, and disease.

From the Playing the Pure blog post:

Fire-Touched are inspired zealots, filled with mad creativity, fervor and faith. They serve as prophets and priests for the Shadow, and invent new ways for creatures of the Hisil to access the physical world. Their Gifts are Elemental, Insight, Inspiration, and Rage. Their primary Renown is Wisdom, their secondary Renown are Cunning and Glory. Their skills are Expression, Occult, and Subterfuge.

The Fire-Touched Sacred Hunt grants your character increased influence over creatures of the Hisil. Spirits gain a bonus equal to the Uratha’s effective spirit Rank whenever they follow the werewolf’s direct instructions, or when they target the prey in combat or with their powers.
      In upcoming Shunned by the Moon they'll be adding the Disease and Fervor Gifts to their repertoire, though they're capable of learning any non-Moon gift. There's an example one with stats in the core, they're fire heavy (with the Fire Elemental Gift and Fire Spirit allies).

If you're running first edition, the Pure book should have loads of advice, and there's lodges if you want to narrow your focus, as well as some examples in Night Horrors: Wolfsbane.
      Last edited by nofather; 03-27-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        The protagonist base from Avatar: The Legend of Korra.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Long story short: SG-1 went into the Multiverse, Team Korra was sent to explore an alternate Philadelphia, and now Team Rainbow has to save her ass. Basically, Korra post-Kuvira and her team came to Philadelphia, and got themselves trapped by the Fire Touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
            Long story short: SG-1 went into the Multiverse, Team Korra was sent to explore an alternate Philadelphia, and now Team Rainbow has to save her ass. Basically, Korra post-Kuvira and her team came to Philadelphia, and got themselves trapped by the Fire Touched.
            See, when I do crossover, I just reimagine the characters into how they would be in the Chronicles world, which is how I ended up with Twilight Sparkle, Aqaua, Saber, and a gnome from a previous game as a Awakened Cabal one time.

Comment

I'd just like to thank you all for making me feel tons better about my WoD->CofD+KAP crossover. It really looks simple in comparison.

Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                Main characters of the sequel series of Avatar the Last Airbender.

Noted, among other things, for dispersing the physical form of the Primal Spirit of Chaos. I imagine this doesn't make the Izidakh all too happy with her, especially since Vaatu ruled over something very similar to the Border Marches.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Main characters of the sequel series of Avatar the Last Airbender.

Noted, among other things, for dispersing the physical form of the Primal Spirit of Chaos. I imagine this doesn't make the Izidakh all too happy with her, especially since Vaatu ruled over something very similar to the Border Marches.
                  I mean Vaatu and Raava didn’t actually rule per say, they just fought eternally since they represented order and chaos, yin and yang, and balance of all related. Once they stopped fighting and Vaatu was free, stuff started going down hill immediately. There aren’t any really powerful spirits in Avatar to compare to Urfarah really, but the Avatar is definitely comparable to an Uratha who is one of the Forsaken.

I could definitely see the Fire-Touched as analogous to the Red Lotus though, due to freedom for the spirits is the same as Anarchy.

So yeah, they would definitely try to kill Korra... though honestly, who would want to kill such a beautiful creature!?
                  Last edited by Korogra; 03-28-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Backing up then, I'm looking for more solid information on how big their pack would be, what kind of numbers they'd have under their control, stuff that I'd need to know to match them up against the black ops.

Comment

Fire-Touched and Pure in general tend to be bigger than Forsaken packs. So like 8-12, with a totem that's so bloated with power it likely warps the physical world when it makes an appearance, and probably a lot of lesser spirits (rank 1-3).

Comment

Working...
                      X