[2E] Tracking with crowds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Tracking with crowds

I need a help with Tracking rules ( WtF 2E, page 95 ). I plan for large crowd of hunter to track my PCs pack. Around 50 of hunters will track around 4-7 Uratha. That many eyes looking for werewolves should make things easier to look for few shapeshifters in area. How to reflect mechanically advantage of large crowd looking for PCs?

Official rules point to the modifiers from Size of prey - but not size or number of hunters looking for it. Even if I assume that large pack of 4+ members is treated as prey of Size 10+ - it's still does not take in account simple mass of people looking for them. Any ideas? Some modifiers to hunters rolls? Lower Roll Again rules for large number of trackers?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-30-2019, 08:37 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

You use Teamwork rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      You use Teamwork rolls.
      That's 50 rolls for the hunters...

Also, it's not advantageous to have that many trackers following a trail, especially if they aren't all trained trackers. Unskilled trackers will trample spoor and fall for false trails, frustrating the ones who know what they're looking for (which typically looks exactly like human spoof).

Serious trackers will have their back up stay idle away from the trail, and only advance with each new success. It makes more sense to have them scout ahead unhindered, and then call in the rest of the party when they spot the pack. This simplifies your challenge, if that's what you want...

But maybe you disagree. In that case, I'd implement it thus: for every 3 companions with a lead tracker, take a +1 modifier. In open terrain, add +1, over a wide area, -1. Any companion who is unskilled has to stay back, or a failure automatically becomes a dramatic failure.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Originally posted by Verge View Post
        But maybe you disagree. In that case, I'd implement it thus: for every 3 companions with a lead tracker, take a +1 modifier. In open terrain, add +1, over a wide area, -1. Any companion who is unskilled has to stay back, or a failure automatically becomes a dramatic failure.
        This would give a +1 for each 3 members of hunting party - or for each 4 member ( lead tracker and 3 companions of his )? Bonus from open terrain is +1 for each subparty - or just flat +1 on whole crowd?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Lead tracker, and then +1 for every third skilled tracker assisting. Open terrain for any party searching the area, BUT I might also suggest it only applies for the first party coming through a specific area.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Working...
          X