[2E] Problematic Gift's Facets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Problematic Gift's Facets

Topic for finding problems with usage of Facets - or problematic Facets to use. Here is one example my players stumble upon...

Skin Thief (Cunning) from Gift of Change says:

'Although grisly, an Uratha with this Facet can don the skin of a kill as if it were his own natural hide.
    (...)
    The Uratha can only use this Facet while in Hishu form. He must skin a human or predatory animal of roughly the same size as a wolf, enough to wear across his shoulders at least, and then don the skin.'

So, character need the skin of person, not to kill the person per se? So, theoretically, if character flayer the enemy of skin and sustain him alive, somehow, he can not kill enemy by it?

Seeing Wikipedia article on Flaying, I see it's in real life impossible to not kill target of it - but with spirits magic it is possible, right? You flay the victim, heal him before his death in few hours, and let him live?

Side question - Skin Thief wording is a bit unclear. If I use human skin for the Facet I can shapeshift only once to target - or do my Hishu form is changed into appearance of the skin's original for the whole lunar month?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-19-2019, 01:34 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

You're a monster with a built-in sense of normalcy for murder. What's the issue.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

I think it’s pretty clear. You skin the target, you wear their skin. Whether they survive is irrelevant to the Gift. (Most will die. You really can’t live without skin.)

To answer your second question, as long as you stay in Hishu you retain the form. How long you manage to do so is up to you, though I’d suggest it would be fair for STs to call a Breaking Point towards Flesh if you don’t shapeshifter for a month or more. If you shapeshifter at all you lose the appearance.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Thank you, Bunyip, for clearing whole thing! Return to topic if I have other problematic Facets.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I see it's in real life impossible to not kill target of it[/URL] - but with spirits magic it is possible, right? You flay the victim, heal him before his death in few hours, and let him live?
          If you're doing it to a person, people lose limbs all the time and manage to survive. And an arm or leg will generally have enough skin to wear across one's shoulders.

And if you're a particularly ghoulish werewolf, nothing requires a live victim to begin with.
          Last edited by nofather; 04-19-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

If you skin a victim with the intent of leaving them alive, I'm gonna make you Breaking Point the shit out of it for not Respecting Your Prey enough to end it's suffering.

Comment

Working...
            X