Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauru shift on killing blow

Hey guys Sup?

My group got a situation on yestarday session, a importante Uratha npc got blowed up, by a beast dragonfire atavism, the uratha has hold some damage early on turn, and the beast pretty much filled her hearthbox on agravatte, the session ended, like that with tension in air, so there is the question, i relembre read somewhere urathas can shift to gauru upon receive some massive damage in “instinct”, so they can heal and soak some damage, this is true? Or a miss readed that?

I don't think so. You can have it happen (a lune did it), sure, but generally you need to make a choice to change, unless you hit one of the triggers, an Elodoth forces it. Basically if every werewolf automatically went gauru when they were on the verge of dying you would have werewolves dying much more rarely.

Comment

In 2e it would depend on your Harmony. If you can shift reflexively, there's nothing stopping you from shifting when you're getting attacked by something if you see it coming.

Successful ambushes (at least not without some power I'm not thinking of) should stop a werewolf from shifting in response to an attack.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        I don't think so. You can have it happen (a lune did it), sure, but generally you need to make a choice to change, unless you hit one of the triggers, an Elodoth forces it. Basically if every werewolf automatically went gauru when they were on the verge of dying you would have werewolves dying much more rarely.
        I see, thats make sense, i think the a lot damage thing is from 1st ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          In 2e it would depend on your Harmony. If you can shift reflexively, there's nothing stopping you from shifting when you're getting attacked by something if you see it coming.

Successful ambushes (at least not without some power I'm not thinking of) should stop a werewolf from shifting in response to an attack.

In this specific case, the uratha Harmony is 7, so no reflexively shift, well lets hope show survive this, i will show your guys opinions on the matter to my ST tomorrow, se trying do the most fair thing on this one, of course this death can spyce things up, but we shall see.

Comment

If the character suffered enough aggravated levels to fill his health boxes and wrap around to overwrite any lesser damage in already filled boxes, he’s dead regardless of form. If he’s got a bunch of aggravated but some not-aggravated boxes, he’s alive but maybe not for much longer. If all the remainder are lethal he’ll bleed out unless he gets medical attention or goes into Gauru form - at Harmony 7 he can spend a point of Essence to make the shift reflexive. He’ll still be hurting from all the aggravated (that’s not going away) but he’ll be alive. The biggest danger here is that he’s at significant risk of Kuruth in Gauru, and with a lot of boxes filled with aggravated he may not last long. Especially since there’s little stopping that Beast from lighting you up with more aggravated Dragonfire.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Well... Agg Dragonfire is a Satiety spend per attack.... unless a Beast really wants you dead, and started at 9 Satiety, you're probably not going to face that many death blasts in a row... not that much can survive a few.

Comment

Agreed, hence the ‘little stopping the Beast’.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

When I think of Death Blow, I think of a Nosferatu Vampire sneaking up under the cover of Obfuscate on an unsuspecting Uratha with a gun pointed at the unlucky werewolf's head. I guess a beast would work if he had the powers to hide in the shadow. That first strike would make for a much more even fight if somehow the Uratha lived and they had to duke it out in hand to hand combat.

Comment

A gun? If the Nosferatu is already anticipating melee combat why not just take a large fire axe and swing it towards the noggin' to get the full use of Vigor?

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I think they were using killing blow in its more common phrasing than the actual mechanic.

Comment

I too meant the common phrasing (since I'm pretty sure Obfuscate can only turn an attack into a surprise attack and not a full Killing Blow) but regardless the Axferatu should still deal more damage either way.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

(Note: I do not like to kill PCs. I much rather take up their limbs or organs when they are hit with Aggravated. )

I run this simple - If Uratha is seeing ( or anticipating ) attack, he can use Essence to Gauru shift, in control manner. Or, ANYTIME, go Hard Rage, Basu-Im. He then lose control over actions of werewolf, beside pointing 'choose of two characters that you will attack' - and then his character is fighting to the death. Or fleeing scene, with 3/4 full of Aggravated in Gauru. Then even he will die if he shift back to Hishu and Aggravated are too much for character.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

At Harmony 7 you can reflexively shift if you have the essence to burn. Otherwise I think the character is toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroofthemists View Post
                              At Harmony 7 you can reflexively shift if you have the essence to burn.
                              Harmony 7 or lower, you mean.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                              LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                              X